The Start of a Journey

Once I could no longer feel Sesshomaru I had Prince slow down to a walk. Started to pet him as he took us home. He seemed to like it when I rubbed him between his horns. Chie slipped off my back and snuggled between my legs and his neck. It was a safe place for her to snooze I had to admit. Just wish she wasn't up against my lower zone! I sang songs loudly as we progressed further. I couldn't tell when we pasted the border into my lands which bothered me. In fact not seeing much of my lands bothered me. I mean I saw a good chuck from the war but I was too preoccupied to actually memorize and enjoy it. Frowning to myself I made a promise to take a look around my lands as soon as possible.

'Oh look as soon as possible is like tomorrow!' I smiled and told Prince to go faster. I wanted to get home and tell the monkeys I was going on a tour of the Calm Lands. Hopefully some of them would come with me and be my guide. I didn't want to get lost, I planned on checking back in with Elder Jun and Katsu ever month or so. I wouldn't be a Sesshomaru and just roam however I wished without care for my land. Heck while I'm out I planned on helping out with my land and visiting all the villages of my lands. We were there before sun rise which was amazing! Though my hair was all knotted up and messy from the wind. Chie slept through the whole ride, don't know how she did it but she did.

Prince slowed as we entered the city and the people all began to stir up. The children beamed and ran up giggling as they called my name. I jumped down off prince and got down to a knee holding my arms out for them. They tackled me hugging whatever spot of me they could.

"Yes, children I have missed you too!" I giggled gently prying their arms from me. All put a small girl let go she hugged my knee and refused to let go. I laughed and walked swinging my left leg as I walked awkwardly to the elders Hut. I left Chie on Prince who was now receiving attention from the children.

"Elder Jun?" I said walking into the hut. The small girl got off my knee and skipped off to join the other children. Prince didn't seem to mind being petted and gawked at by the wonder filled children. When Chie was picked off of him and cradled by an older girl I could hear her groan from where I stood.

"Alex? I didn't expect to see you so soon." She said from her spot on the floor. I turned towards her and walked into the room and bowed before sitting in front of her.

"Yeah well they didn't expect me leaving so soon." I told her laughing.

"I see." She said joining me in laughter.

"Yeah, listen I'm not going to stay long. I know this is the first place he'll look if he does. I'm going on a little adventure."

"Oh really and what is the objective of this adventure of yours?"

"To get to know the Calm Lands better! I realized that I haven't seen all of it and that saddens me. I want to know every single village, river, and lake in my lands."

"I was pondering when you would go off to snoop around the lands."

"Don't worry I'll come back every month or so and check up with you. I'll get whatever business I need to then I'll go off again." I assured her.

"And if there is an emergency?" She asked.

"Then take the roll of Lady of the Calm Lands until I come back. Send a messenger to find me though." I said.

"Very well then, I assume you are going to being the elites?"

"Only if they wish to go but I won't take all of them."

"Very well then. My Mate?" She asked.

"Oh he'll be here soon he stayed behind, heck he helped me escape." I rubbed the back of my head nervously not knowing how she would take the fact I ditched her Mate.