The Palace of Dogs

I OWN NOTHING, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE CONTINUED SUPPORT! JUST BEENING HONES. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE ILL KEEP THIS IN MIND FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. IF YOU COULD GIVE ME A DETAILED EXPLAINATION IF WOULD BE APPRECIATED BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO, I REALIZE THIS STORY MAY NOT BE EVERYONES CUP OF TEA. AWAY SORRY FOR THE OVERLY LONG A/N HOPE YOU ENJOY MY NEXT CHAPTER.

I was in awe as I gawked at the palace that lay before me. We had gotten up early in the morning and started the journey to Lady Inukimi's palace. The whole time we walked Denna coached me on how to talk to the Lady. I rolled my eyes but gave her the common decency to half way listen to her rambles.

I got the memo though, be extremely polite yahda yahda yahda. But the palace, definitely Japanese, was huge and beautiful. The place had guards everywhere and there was a huge stair case leading up to a chair or throne. Sitting on the throne was a woman which could only be the Lady Inukimi I was told about.

The guards stopped us at the gates but as soon as Sora put down her hood they let us pass. I tried to take a peek at Sora's face but she was turned away from me and only revealed herself for a second. At least I know she has short black hair. It hanged straight down stopping an inch underneath her ears.

We climbed the stairs up to the woman. I was surprised when I didn't grow tired of climbing the stairs even after walking for hours.

"Milady." Soar and Denna bowed by the waist and stay there until the woman spoke. I stiffly bowed my head.

"Interesting you actually found a female dog demon." She spoke getting out of her chair. "And of pure breed. I dare say she matches my son in power too." She started to circle me causing me to go even more ridged, slowly I lifted my head back up and stared in front of me.

"Thank you Milady." Denna said with a little quiver in her voice that didn't help my nerves at all.

"I have to say I didn't expect you to pull it off, or this well. What is your name?" She said stopping in front of me causing me to look into her eyes. They were like liquid gold, any greedy being could get lost in those eyes.

"Alex ma'am." I said licking my dry lips looking her over. She was slightly taller than me and had long silver hair put up into pig tails.

"Alex, what an odd name. Come, let us continue this in the gardens." She cocked her head

"Wow." I whispered as I looked the garden over. It was filled to the brim with lush green bushes, flowers of all colors and blooming trees. It had a stone walk way that lead to a bench under a huge tree with pink flowers that would rain down, beside this was a pond where the multiple flower petals would flout merrily on the waters surface.

"Tell me of yourself." She said with a sigh sitting down on the bench.

"Um.....what would you like to know?" I asked scratching the back of my head only to wince from scratching too hard. 'Forgot....claws...lovely.'

"Anything, everything, start however you wish." She sounded not bored but just emotionless as she said it.

"Um...well......" I looked to Denna silently asking her if I could tell her I used to be human. Denna just looked back at me not knowing what I wanted. Thankfully I caught the nod of Soras head so I continued." I was born human."

"Oh? How is it you became a demon?" Her eyebrows slightly going up was the only clue I had that she was surprised.

"Don't ask me I haven't the slightest clue.." I looked over to Denna then added." Well maybe I do have a clue but it's pretty small." She shot Denna a glance before gesturing me to continue.

"I'm almost nineteen years old. I've had twelve years of schooling." I started again.

"Schooling, so you were royalty."