Potions and a Celebration

JMJ- HEY GUYS! I FOUND OUT THAT IM GOING TO JOB CORP IN THE MIDDLE OF JULY SO THAT MEANS I HAVE OVER 30 DAYS TO WRITE THIS STORY. YAY!

ALEX-JMJ OWNS NOTHING! PLEASE KEEP UP WITH THE REVEIWS YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!

Denna kept up her enthusiasm as she taught me about different herbs and minerals. She taught me how to make a few healing remedies and at my request she taught me how to make the paste that she and her mother used to block the smell of their room. When she asked me why I wanted to learn how to make it I flashed her a smile and told her I had a perfume bottle with its name all over it.

Once I had a vile of the smell blocker, as I have come to call it, safely tucked into my pocket I had Denna teach me how to make a few more healing remedies. Being a demon means that these remedies are of no use to me but if I meet a sick or injured human I would be able to help. Which is reason enough to learn.

Sora was a genius in thinking to pull me outside the room and let me sniff each herb or mineral Denna taught me about. She said it would make finding and identifying them that much easier. I could hear the people around us moving about. Apparently they were excited for the celebration and that their Lord had found a mate. I couldn't blame them for their eagerness and nervousness. I believe most feared that I would be cold just like him but a few held on to the hope I wouldn't be. I heard the gossip of two maids while I was smelling a bitter smelling mineral. They were speculating over what type of person I would be. I felt a smile creep o to my face. I tiptoed towards the corner they were tucked into.

"Yes, but the Lord would never mate one who is below him. Their for I believe she will be just like him." The silver haired demon said from the smell of her I was pretty sure she was a dog demon. She had no marks on her face from what I could see.

"Yes, but I'm hopping she'll at least talk more than him. His silence always sets me on edge. I hope she's different then all the other Lords and Ladies of the lands." A brown haired demon said with a sad sigh. She had black eyes but they didn't seems mean. She smelled of earth and something else musty, not a bad smell though.

"Well, not to toot my own horn but TOOT!" I said with a broad smile. Both girls jumped and turned around to me.

"Um...hello may we help you?" The brown hair demon asked sending nervous glances to the dog demon.

"Oh no just heard you talking about me so I decided to step in. Let you guys see me and find out how I act instead of guessing." I said beaming at them. The second they heard me say that I heard them talking about me they put two and two together. They looked horrified and threw themselves to the ground in a bow. The dog demon whined softly in a pleading apology.

"We are so terribly sorry Milady! It was rude of us to speak of you!" The dog demon said.

"Woah whoa whoa! I'm not angry girls! Heck I would be doing the same thing if I was in your shoes." I said getting down to the ground on my hands and knees. When they looked up the jumped and shot to their feet. They looked stiff as boards as they stood there. "Relax! I'm not going to punish you guys. I'm a firm believer in freedom of speech." I said getting up.

"Freedom of speech?" The dog demon asked tilting her head to the side.

"Yeah it means you can't be punished for voicing your opinion. You have a right to speak your mind." I explained about to go into rant mode but both women looked at me like I grew a second head. I sighed exasperated and took my hair out of it's up do and undid my braid. "Forget it, go back to whatever you were doing but don't worry you're not in trouble." I said then turned around and slipped backing into Sora and Denna's room.

"That took a long time Alex! What where you doing?" Asked Denna the second the door shut behind me.

"Nothing, I day dreamed for a second is all." I sighed getting back onto the bed.