Lady of the Calm Lands

JMJ-HEY GUYS IF YOUR EXTRA NICE TO ME I'LL BE EXTRA NICE TO YOU.

ALEX-HEY UMMM I NEED TO TALK TO YOU

JMJ-SHHHH*PUTS HAND UP TO HER FACE* AS ALWAYS I OWN NOTHING! THINGS ARE GOING TO START ROLLING NOW!

ALEX-WHHHAATTTT!

Elder Hideaki wasn't the only one to die that night. Over twenty humans and ten demons died that night. The city was in a state of morning. The elders Katsu and Jun had took me into the Elder's hut after the third day to continue my training. I didn't want to be the Lady of the Calm Lands I'm no Lady!

THREE WEEKS AND SIX DAYS AGO.

"WHY......WHY ME?" I screamed at Elder Katsu and Jun. Usually I would raise my voice to them but I was so angry and confused.

"Because it's what's best for our Lands." Jun said calmly.

"What's best for the Lands? How can I be what's best for the Calm Lands?" I said getting worked up again.

"It's what Hideaki wanted." Katsu said crossing his arms.

"Yeah he told me that before he died, you know from blood lost. Maybe that blood lost got to his brain." I spat out.

"No Alex, Hideaki had planned for you to take over for him before you even left this hut the day you were brought here." Jun said.

"What? Why he barely knew me!" I cried a new.

"We had wondered why too, but our friend has never done something without purpose. So we trust him and will continue to trust him now." Katsu said starting to get angered. I opened my mouth to say something but Jun held up her hand and silenced me.

"Alex, we have watched you since the day you came to our city. We truly believe that with our guidance and training you'll be a truly great leader. Hideaki himself had bet that you would surpass him."

"The people don't know me!"

"The first day you were here you were singing with some of the people of the city and got along with them great. The people of the Calm Lands will love and respect you." Jun assured me.

"Besides everyone knows how Hideaki though of you, it was plain to see." Katsu interjected.

"What do you mean?"

"Hideaki has only ever personally trained one other person."

"So?" I asked not really seeing how training I lead to thinking highly of me.

"That other person was his son." Jun informed me.

"Son.......why doesn't he get the title? Where is he?"

"Dead." Katsu replied looking off into the corner.

"Ohhhhh......" I said bowing my head not sure of what to say after that.

"Alex, usually someone in your situation would be jumping for joy at this opportunity. Yet you seem determined to decline our offer and Hideaki's dying wish." Jun said just making me feel worse then I already did.

"That's why we know you'll be a great leader." Kastu said making me snap my head up and gawk at them.

"What..." I said speechless.

"It means that you're not power hungry that you actually think about things before rushing to a decision." Jun said smiling softly." You're not going to bear the burden alone Alex. We are here to help you. besides do you really want to follow in Lord Sesshomaru's footsteps?" Jun said smile growing bigger.