How to Save a Life

The creatures were cut down by the sword. I continued to grip it tightly watching Sesshomaru. His heart started beating again and all the injuries, sickness and death just disappeared from him as if they never happened. He sat up slowly clutching his head while my heart and head seemed to explode. 'He....He's alive! But he died! How is this possible?' I stammered in my head in utter shock.

"So Tenseiga called out to you." Sesshomaru said casually looking up at me.

"What? The sword you mean? Yeah it responded when my hand brushed against it. You died....." I heaved in disbelief. Sesshomaru looked down at his hands frowning.

"Yes. It was my fathers."

"How are you alive?" I yelled at him.

"Tenseiga has the power to bring one from the dead once."

"Once as in only one time or once as in one per person?"

"Once per person."

"And you didn't tell me!" I screamed.

"I didn't believe you would be able to wield it."

"Well I can! It would have been nice to know that there was a possibility of reviving you. Do you not know how painful this last few days have been?" I yelled at him tearing up again.

"I didn't want to give you false hope."

"False hope? False hope! It would have saved me from feeling so hopeless!"

"Calm down, you're not thinking rationally." He said standing up.

"Calm down? You died! I thought you were gone forever! And now I find out that you have a freaking magical sword that can bring someone back from the dead one time?" I yelled then stopped as if someone had just poured cold water on me. My anger doubled instantly. "YOU! Why haven't you tried to use it one Hikaru! You were there when he died! You could have saved him but you didn't!"

"I didn't feel it was necessary to do so. He died defending his Lady and lands."

"His brother was torn to shreds, I was torn to shreds over it!" I yelled sheathing the sword. "There are hundreds of people dying because of the illness and here you are with a sword that could save them all!"

"It doesn't work past anyone dead over twenty four hours."

"That's still Twenty four hours!" I screamed at him.

"Then go." He said calmly.

"What?"

"Take the sword."

"You're going to let me take your fathers sword?" I asked bewildered. I would never let anyone take the monkey staff and use it. The only reason I left it here was because Sesshomaru can't use it anyways and without it holding up the barrier he would die. It was very special to me, Hideaki gave it to me. He nodded at me and sat down on his make shift bed. "Thank you....I'll come back and check up on you in a couple of days or two." I said. 'I guess this is another way of saying sorry. He's really changed a bit I guess.' I marveled all anger disappearing. Well, not all of it. I don't think I could ever truly forgive him for just letting my friend die or all the men that fought under us for that matter but right now I didn't have the emotional strength to get into it with him. I felt completely drained but at least I can now save the humans who have died in the last twenty three hours.

With that in my mind I gripped the sword tighter to me and pushed myself faster towards the nearest village, Inuyasha's. Once there I went to his hut and barged in. "Where are your dead from the last Twenty three hours!" I yelled at them.

"Why?"

"I've got Tenseiga!" I said holding the sword out and giving it a little shake.

"What? Sesshomaru let you have that sword!"

"Just for now! It's complicated but he kind of let me use it as a way to say sorry for letting a few of my friends die." I said in a hurry shifting from foot to foot.

"Wait, what?" Kagome piped in.

"NO TIME! I HAVE LOTS OF PLACES TO GOOOO!" I strained. Inuyasha looked like he was going to get upset but Kagome placed a hand on his shoulder and stepped towards me.

"Alright, I understand. Follow me." She said. I followed her out to a hut that obviously was used for the sick and the dead. Once in I unsheathed the sword and the amount of creatures were stunning I immediately started hacking at them one by one. I counted as I went and by the time I was done I had six humans of all ages alive and confused.

Kagome and Inuyasha immediately told them that they were resurrected. They started asking questions and chattering among themselves. Seeing that it was worked I walked out of the hut and ran to the next village. The next village wasn't as accepting and I ended up just having to sniff out the dead and follow it to the dead. I even had to dig up a few buried bodies. By the time I was done there was ten more people alive.

I kept on doing this not stopping to chat much, not having patience for any of them. Each person I revived made me feel better but I still wanted more. At night I would wake up a village elder of the healer and tell them what I was going to do then do it. It didn't matter if they understood or not I just didn't want the villagers to freak out on them or to leave them confused. The humans are very skittish in this time so it wouldn't surprise me if they thought the humans I resurrected were zombies if I didn't tell them what I was doing.

By the time I had reached the city of Peace it was noon. I ran into the city and straight for the medicine man's hut. Sure enough there was dead laying with blankets over them. I ran through startling the medicine man slashing the sword through the creatures left and right. He didn't question me since he knew who the heck I was and watched as the people rose up from the dead. Immediately he started checking them over.

"Amazing!" He proclaimed in awe.

"I must go now." I told him running out the door. Next on the list was the West lands then I would swing down to the South. Hopefully by then they would find a way to treat the illness. If not I would have to keep running around nonstop reviving people. Just the thought of that gave me a head ache. 'What other choice do I really have though?' I sighed.