The Lady and The Gentleman

"Gawk much?"

Shouta blinked himself out of his thoughts, rapidly when he focused on Hizashi's smirking face feeling a rush of heat to his cheeks as he then looked down. Shouta had been raised with manners. With etiquette. Of course, his mother had taught him never to gawk at women, at anyone, yet it was quite the contradiction when his quirk came in and even then, she would scold him if he looked a touch too long. When he went unblinking longer than a minute.

He knew it was rude, very rude to gawk at someone so shamelessly but how did he look away when his gaze magnetized to his husband sitting across from him? How did he keep his gaze down when he was mesmerized by the sight of him? That Friday, their anniversary, had started like any other day; gloomy, clouds thick with the promise of a downpour any second yet he had been woken to fingers caressing the side of his face and tucking hair behind his ear until he opened his eyes.

Warmth. He'd been greeted with nothing but euphoric, excited warmth by his husband who he had honestly expected to pounce the moment he cracked his eyes open but he got nothing but those sweet kisses that would warm any stubborn, grumpy person. Held so tightly to his husband it felt like he could sink right into the blonde any moment. He had willingly climbed out of bed, had willingly let himself be dragged into the kitchen long before his alarm went off.

Had happily danced with the blonde in the kitchen when those hands held out to him questioningly with that affectionate smile. Wrapped up, swaying side to side with a hand in his and an arm around his waist as the blonde peppered his face with soft kisses with a sweet, crooning song on his phone playing with its shitty speaker was the peak of his morning. Long before the sun came out to emphasize those gathering clouds.

He was happy, blissfully happy, and he had let himself be twirled, dipped and kissed in the kitchen until Eri had come shuffling into the kitchen with a pout on her lips and Hitoshi not far behind her with an eyeroll though he didn't mind. His children could cringe and hem and haw over the affection he openly, willingly gave all they wanted; today was theirs. It was his to have fun and love and kiss his husband all he wanted.

It was honestly ridiculous, overly cringey romance book type of situation how each time he met those green eyes throughout the day he felt a spark, a jolt of excitement. How his fingers twitched to reach out for Hizashi the second they got alone, impossible as it felt, during their work day. He had been allotted two things about their day; they were going to a restaurant, very formal, and they were going to a hotel for the night.

Eri and Hitoshi would remain at the house tonight but the weekend they would be gone for the dorms when they got home on Saturday which he had known ahead of time, though going out to eat? A hotel room? He was excited. He was curious. He wanted to know just what his husband had planned that would cross a kink or some kind off their list. He hadn't expected much when Hizashi drove them home, gave him such a passionate kiss it left him positively breathless by the time it was over.

The blonde happily explained he would get ready at Nemuri's apartment with her rather than at the house. Of course, he didn't have a single problem with that; had watched the blonde climb onto his motorcycle, blowing him a kiss and a wink before sliding the key in and revving his bike to life as he pushed the kickstand up. Then he was gone. Hizashi was tearing out of the driveway and down the road with a roar of his bike and Shouta was left standing there with the car keys in his hand before he jumped to life rushing for the house.

He knew what he had to do, what Hizashi was expecting of him, and when he rushed into the room, he noticed that he had failed to recall Hizashi hanging his suit up on the curtain rod in front of their window. He had rushed to get his capture weapon, boots, and costume off along with any other piece of clothing left on that he wore underneath then ran for the shower. He rarely let his excitement rule his actions outside of sex, rarely let that control go and yet the second he was under that hot water he realized he was shaking.