Put A Ring On It

The soft rustling of paper.

Pens scratching against it.

Soft sighs

The light clicks of a keyboard.

That's what made up most of Shouta's afternoon on that Wednesday as he sat across from his husband, the blonde's hair pulled back in a tight bun for once that rested against the nape of his neck, his glasses being nudged up every once in a while, as his pen scratched lightly against paper as he circled and crossed at questions each question. His other hand pressed tightly to his lip, his eyes flicking to the computer every once in a while, as if he was waiting for something.

Much like Shouta was. Without thinking twice, without even considering bringing it up to his husband, he made an impulsive purchase for the first time in a long time. While it could be considered as tame, in reality he has bought some embarrassing things in his life and this one was absolutely no different. The cock cage, being one, and the pet play set being another along with the lingerie, yet he'd bought them.

He hadn't thought twice about purchasing them as two of those things went along with things, he'd already been interested in but the thought of getting anything more? It was embarrassing. He wanted to say that he was immune to the embarrassment, but he was sitting in their little dining room, staring at the papers he was grading and stealing glances up at his husband who was doing identical work.

He wanted to check his phone again. He wanted to open up his email, open the tracker, and see where his most recent purchase was but the last time he'd picked up his phone those green eyes had leveled on his curiously. Suspiciously. His fingers twitched as he fought the urge to do so, fought the urge to briefly check, instead frowning at the paper before him. Denki really needed the extra help, didn't he? Or rather he needed more extra help.

Denki got a few right but nine out of twenty wasn't exactly star quality work and he knew he couldn't just let the poor kid flounder for footing in his schoolwork. Wouldn't do that. It happened to Hizashi, and his husband had to claw, drag and scrape by in school when it came to certain subjects though some ignored that for how he absolutely flourished with his English. He looked up when the blonde across from him released a little breath through his nose, watching his husband lean back in his seat throwing his arms up over his head groaning as his chest thrust forward.

He felt his feet lightly tap his own as his legs stretched out before another sigh left the blonde. He shifted his weight in his chair, picked up his pen again, and rested his temple against his fist as he resumed his grading. The blonde was flying through the work, putting all his focus onto the papers that it was aweing to see his husband fly through a stack of paper the way he did in the last hour alone.

While he knew the man also had essays he needed to grade, the same applied for himself, but he wondered if mentally his husband could handle that. If the set of his shoulders, stiff and tense much like his back, or how his eyebrows came together tightly over his glasses as his eyes scanned restlessly over the questions and answers on the sheet or even how his fingers seemed to squeeze the pen tightly said anything about it the man needed a break.

He knew sex wasn't a break, but it would relax him and tomorrow they could put in the proper time, dedication even, to grading essays from their students. After all, there was never a time limit on when teachers had to hand back essays unless they themselves expressly said to the students when to expect them back. He dragged his teeth across his bottom lip a few times, letting his gaze drop in favor of returning to his own work, slipping his fingers under his reading glasses to rub at his eyes.

This was strangely reminiscent of their school days when they would go to Hizashi's loud house or Shouta's quiet apartment due to his parents being gone most of the time, to do their schoolwork together. The only difference was he needed these little reading glasses now. Then he felt it. A foot lightly tapping on top of his own. He lifted his gaze up in a warning glare, expecting to find eyes on him, only to waver slightly when Hizashi's eyes scanned over the paper underneath his hands.