We're Just Strangers

It was painful, unbelievably painful, just how quiet the living room was. Shouta wanted something to fill the silence, the murmur of the TV, the cats streaking around, or even his phone vibrating because he just wanted something that would cut through the quiet. It was a Sunday, a beautiful quiet Sunday, with the kids out of the house and the cats having returned home with a new addition to the family; the brown tabby that had been scooped up from the school as an apology for the phone call debacle.

With the soft brown coloring, the wide copper eyes, Hitoshi had named him Twix. But even the newest cat was sleeping off somewhere and there was nothing to break up the silence of the room. He'd allowed himself a lazy breakfast with Hizashi, a cup of coffee that he had gulped in an attempt to wake himself with the caffeine only to have himself along with his second cup dragged to the living room.

It sat on the coffee table, a ring of the liquid underneath it from where it sloshed when he tried to put it down quickly because Hizashi had plopped down on the couch and tugged him forward onto his lap despite his protest. It was here that the spent an hour, maybe two now, just whispering to one another quietly and lips moving in unison with such a lazy energy too. It was something Shouta appreciated given how many urgent, frantic kisses they'd shared recently.

But it was when they pulled apart for the fifth time, to take breaths to prevent any excitement the best they could, was when he said what he wanted for his second choice of their challenge. That's where he was now, sitting on his husband's lap, looking at him with a blush on his cheeks that had to be much darker than the soft pink hues on Hizashi's cheeks that made those lovely freckles of his stand out.

His lashes quivered as they flicked, like they were trying to open wider, and his mouth dropped open with surprise making those green eyes shine at him vibrantly while he waited. He was doing his best not to let the embarrassment overpower him as it had three times before because he knew once they did it, once they were in the rhythm of things, that he'd forget all about it. Still the way Hizashi was staring at him with his wide eyes, open mouth and pink cheeks had him feeling self conscious. Was it really that big of a deal?

"Ar-Are you going to say something?" Shouta got out stumbling over his words as he tried to sound irritated but the fact that he had whispered them, finally looking away from the blonde betrayed the tone he was trying to convey.

He knew that what he had offered wasn't as crazy or controversial as the whole Daddy thing or the pet play, but the way Hizashi was acting you'd think he had just suggested they have sex in the middle of the street. His cheeks burned hotly making him want to walk from the situation, from the room all together, to control the heat in his face but the blonde's hands on his thighs kept him from jumping up off of his lap.

He tried not to let the silence get to him, but his ears had that faint ring in the absence of sound and he fought the urge to pick at his fingers or his bottom lip as he took a deep breath then let it out. Moved his gaze back to the blonde feeling a flinch move over him at that surprised look. "Zashi? Is it r-really that weird?"

That made the blonde come to life, his mouth shutting so quickly his teeth clicked audibly, the hands on his thighs rubbing gently at the tense muscles and he shifted himself as he blinked a few times. No doubt his eyes were possibly a touch dry from how little he had blinked in those few moments, and he began to shake his head so fervently that it did little to help the blush in his cheeks when those eyes locked onto his own.

"No! No, no! I didn't mean to give that impression, babe! Not at all! It's not weird, not in the slightest bit, in fact it's good! Good because it'll let your creativity out! Roleplay can be such a good creative outlet and it's always so much fun! I'm just surprised that you would suggest it because you're- Well, I'm not gonna finish that sentence." He smiled awkwardly when Shouta glared.