Jerk It Together

"Shouta?"

"Mm."

"Shouta, I'm really, really, really, really so sor-"

"If you say you're sorry again I'm going to fucking smother you. Shut up already, it's been all week with that. That's all you've been saying, so give it a fucking rest already. You're lucky you're even in here after this week, so don't push it."

Hizashi bit his lip. He wasn't the type to lament about loneliness. Wasn't the type to go around whining about it like others were. But sleeping on the couch for the past week? His husband ignoring him for that week? It was awful. It was truly, deeply awful and not to mention the absolute trash way Shouta was treating him at the moment though he deserved it.

He deserved every bit of that asshole nature, the douchebaggery his husband could throw and he didn't even think to give those playful, subtle hints about spanking the bratty attitude out of the man. He couldn't. He understood the root cause of it, understood where he had gone wrong, and he accepted it. He hated when Shouta gave him the silent treatment, hated that when they did talk to him it was in those scathing, hissing tones.

They were so much worse than the bland, toneless ones he used when Eri was within hearing shot. Not like she didn't notice. T he girl watched everything and she had become increasingly worried each night when Hizashi tucked her up into bed if she asked for him to do so. Always questioning in a tiny whisper if something bad was happening; if he or Shouta were 'gonna go away' sometime soon.

He always did his best to reassure the white-haired girl, squeezing her to his chest and promising that wasn't the case though he knew if Shouta could toss him into the backyard with a tent and a sleeping bag of his own, he'd do it. Even Hitoshi asked quite a few times just what was going on, having obviously read the silence, the tension in the set of Shouta's shoulders that worsened after a school day. How the black-haired man refused eye contact with Hizashi.

He, of course, reassured the teenager and told him not to worry as well; that he would fix it. The thing was, he didn't even think Shouta was truly mad at him about this. No, he knew he was deeply, unbearably, uncomfortably embarrassed by the way things went down that afternoon. While Nemuri may not know about the challenge, she had caught them right after having sex in a way that was so unbelievably obvious that even Hizashi couldn't waste his breath to deny it.

After all, they only heard the door slam. Neither one of them actually knew how long the woman had been in the house, neither knew if she heard anything, though from the smile on her lips when the door had opened clearly spoke volumes. While Nemuri didn't know anything about the challenge, didn't know a damn thing, the woman still caught them right after the fact and Shouta had never strangled him when she left and he had to go for his appointment.

While in theory, in a hypothetical scenario, he knew Shouta found it thrilling to be caught and it was nothing more than that; a scenario, a fantasy. In reality, he knew it was much more terrifying for his husband to be caught like that though he also knew that was the very thing that tossed his husband over the edge. He knew he wasn't mad but rather very, deeply, uncomfortably embarrassed.

He was unbearably embarrassed around the woman and he felt nothing but regret about that for even Nemuri wasn't finding it funny to poke fun at him anymore. Not when he was refusing to look anyone in the face, in the eyes, and was refusing to even talk to them for the past week. Shouta didn't in so many words tell him to fuck off, but the implication was there.

He did everything in his power to make it up to his husband; absolutely everything. Hell, at this point he would rip out his heart and disembowel himself if it made the man happy again. Well, if not happy then at least not as embarrassed as he has been. He was chewing on his lip, the darkness in the room doing little to help him as he sat on his side of the bed watching Shouta lift the sheets. Sitting down on the bed he knew he had to say something now. Right now.