Aurora thought that maybe it was not fortune as Amber thought. Maybe Amber did not escape as she thought, maybe the king spared her life because of the agreement they made. If Aurora agrees and leave with Amber, the king would not stop trying to hunt them down. Aurora did not want to be that kind of a burden to Amber.

Slowly she pulled her hand away from Amber’s hold “your highness, I do not want to run away with you”

Amber was thrown aback with shock “what do you mean Aurora?”

Aurora had to summon all the courage she had to say this “I cannot live my life as a runaway, I cannot live my life always anxious for the day the king would finally find us, I cannot live my life in fear your highness”

“You do not have to live in fear Aurora,” Amber took her hand again, her eyes pleading “I will protect you, I promise”

“Maybe if you were a man I would believe you. I cannot put my trust on a woman” each word was a stab to Aurora’s own heart. The princess looked shattered.

“If I were a man?” Amber’s voice cracked “you did not think in that way when you kissed me”

“And that was my mistake. I will take responsibility for it. I was confused about my feelings_”

“A mistake? You have said that twice now. So it really was a mistake” she roughly released Aurora’s hand “did you ever love me, or you were just curious and decided to see if you could win over the cold hearted princess?”

“your highness_” Aurora cut herself off when the princess pulled out a dagger from her belt.

“You told me that I am free to stab this through your heart if you ever betray me”

“And I meant every word” Aurora would prefer getting stabbed than to stare at the look in the princess eyes, the growing hate, the pain.

“That will not be enough to relieve me of the pain you have caused me Aurora. Have it in mind that I will never forgive you for this, never!” she threw the dagger at Aurora’s feet and walked away.

Aurora let out the tears she had been trying to hold in.

There was no going back now. She had lost Amber.

It took a lot of effort to pick herself up and continue on her way to prince Ivon’s chambers. Ivon was seated in his chambers looking gloomy and sad.

“Your highness”

Ivon stared at her with sadness in his eyes. Aurora had never seen the prince like this. “Aurora, I told Teresa everything. Not everything exactly but enough to let her know that we cannot be together yet”

Amber could understand his pain “I am sorry your highness”

Ivon brush off her apology “I am not giving up on her Aurora, I still have a plan that would prevent us from getting married”

“Is it even worth it anymore? I have already rejected Princess Amber to her face. I said really hurtful words to her your highness. I doubt she will ever trust me again even though we do not get married”

Ivon sat up surprised “did you see Amber at the palace?”

“Yes, a while ago. We talked and I rejected her. She offered that we run away together but I did not want to put her life in danger. The king would not spare her a second time”

Ivon nodded in satisfaction “you did the right thing Aurora. That will keep her away from the palace for the time being. Her life will be in danger if she ever comes back here”

Aurora was confused “why would her life be in danger? The king had already promised that he would not hurt her”

“That is what he made you believe so you would agree to what he wants. The king hates Amber and he would do anything to get rid of her. He has no intention of sparing her life Aurora. The minute he finds out that she survived the attack he made on her, he is going to hunt her down and get rid of her for good”

Aurora’s heart sank in fear “but he promised he would not_”

Ivon stood up and approached Aurora. He gently took her hand in his “my father is not a man to be trusted lady Aurora. He killed the previous Queens like they were nothing but mere animals. If we must protect Amber, you would have to talk to your father. He is the only hope we have now of saving Amber and getting justice for our mothers”

Aurora did not know if what the prince requested her to do was a good idea. Talking to her father was not the hardest part of it, but finding out the truth was what terrified her. If indeed he had a hand in what happened to the previous Queens, Aurora would be very devastated. Nevertheless, there was no harm in trying was there?

“Fine your highness, I will do as you said, but I want to know your plans”

Ivon nodded and in that moment, a young guard rushed into his chambers “your highness I have searched the entire palace and the princess is nowhere to be found” he noticed Aurora standing there and lowered his head in respect.

“Do not worry about my sister, she will be fine. For now, inform Armstrong that the princess is safe and tell the others to get ready, the selection is tonight and my wedding is the day after. We do not have much time”

“Yes your highness” the guard replied and quickly left.

To Aurora Ivon said “I think you should seat down if I must tell you the entire plan today”