"Mother, how you have you?" She began as she tried to hold her hands but grandma took it away instantly before their hands could touch.

"You wicked wench! How could you disappear like that?" Grandma spat as she looked away, but her trembling voice and watery eyes gave her emotions away.

My mother smiled slyly and said, "I'm so sorry mother, your help years ago was what helped us to this level. I had to end all communication with you because of him."

"And so? If I married such a monster do I have to publish as well?" Grandma asked as she wiped a tear.

"I'm sorry for leaving like that, but like I told Ace to tell you, we have a plan," She replied and her gaze landed on me. "That's the point of this gathering.

"Oh yes, Ace told me everything that happened at the hospital," Grandmother said then took a sip of water, "but one thing disappointed and surprised me."

My mother's eyes widen. "Huh? What's is it?"

"You involving and trust Mrs. Manchester."

"Grandma!" I spoke up at her words.

"Mother please, we've been working on this together. She's the reason we got this far."

"How dumb can you be?" Grandma yelled. "You think she's doing this just to get revenge on him like you want? You're a mother too! She lost her child, a child! She's definitely up to something more."

My mother sighed and ruffled her hair with her hands in frustration. "Can you hear what we planned first?"

"It won't change anything but go on."

My mother sighed and relaxed back on the couch. "We have to expose what he did to Angus and many other victims, We plan to use all the evidence we have and now that he's still in the hospital. We'll bring back Logan to take over the company to stop the fight for it now."

"Logan? But Ace said he's crippled."

"He's been getting better mother." My mother held my grandma's hand. "He can talk slowly now and can take a few steps. We have the best doctors treating him. Now he'll still be in a wheelchair but the plan can still work."

"There's more," I finally said.

"More? What do you mean?" My mother tilted her head.

"You know about the Kim's. They're producing and selling drugs under the disguise of a pharmaceutical company and you know that our company is one of their major sponsors and partners..... grandfather has been involved in it too. They've both been taking the money and keeping it in a slush fund. Mr. Kim has been killing those celebrities who get caught to hide the truth of his company with the help of our company." My fingers balled into a fist. I thought only Nana was suffering from this issue but I was also involved.

"What? That's not true! How did I not know about that?" Grandma's eyes widen at the secret I just spilled.

"How do you know all this? There's no way he told you this huge secret."

I raised my gaze to my mother, "I found out about the Kim's company a while ago when Nana came to me, and Quinn's best friend Kenna is the attorney in charge of the drug case. Every piece fit when we all spoke and realized the truth about the deaths of the celebrities. I hired Kenna as part of our legal team at the company and she found out about our connection to this case and the slush fund."

"Oh my God! Joshua is going to be the end of me!" My grandma cried and shook her head.

From my mother's expression, I could see she was in deep thought as my words sank into her. "This is good," she muttered with a longing look in her eyes and a smile slowly forming on her face.

"Have you lost your brain cells while you've been away or something? How is this good?" My grandmother raged.

"Mother wait, we can use this against him. He can easily back down once he knows we have this information. Ace," she turned to me, "Carl is still going up against you right?"

I nodded.

"Perfect," she smiled and suddenly started laughing. She went on a full laughing roll and had to keep her hand over her mouth to control herself.

"What's wrong with this woman now," my grandmother sighed and took another gulp of her glass of water.

Just as I was about to relax in my seat, my phone beeped with a message.

Carl: The police are on their way to your apartment. They have a warrant. They already ransacked your office. Stay safe, I know you didn't do it.

The speed at which I got on my feet sent a jolt down my spine but I couldn't care less due to the intense feeling of rage and denial running through my veins like wildfire.

"What's wrong?" The two women questioned me with wide and worried eyes.

"I'll have to go somewhere for a while." I managed to say as my voice came out dry and hoarse.

"Somewhere what do you mean Ace? Don't speak without context," my grandmother said briskly.

"Ace, did something hap-" my mother was cut off by the loud banging on the door followed by a loud voice.

"MR WINSTON, IT'S THE POLICE. WE HAVE A WARRANT AND WILL BREAK IN IF YOU DON'T OPEN THE DOOR YOURSELF NOW."

"The police!??" My grandmother shrieked as they both stood up in shock.

I walked over to open the door, ignoring both their questions and requests as they trailed after me. The police burst inside immediately I let them in and I was held at once behind my back with rough hands.

It all happened in a flash as my mother and grandmother yelled at them for holding me in such a way and the head of the policemen showed them a search and arrest warrant. The men all scurried around my apartment, opening every drawer and compartment. It was like I was stuck in a haze and couldn't comprehend what was happening. My mind was filled with a fog that prevented me from talking, moving or speaking.

Just as tears filled my grandmother's eyes and my mother began making calls, a man ran from the toilet with a little bottle of blue liquid.

"So this is the poison huh?" The head of the policemen chuckled as he held the bottle in his hands.

"I found it at the back of the water closet. It's identical to what we're looking for sir," the policeman who came from the toilet reported.

The head of the policemen smirked and placed the bottle into a ziplock bag and gave it to his subordinate.

"Mr. Ace Winston you're under arrest for the attempted murder of Mr. Joshua Winston. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

I'm so so sorry for the slow updates.

A lot has been happening in my life and I just couldn't bring myself to keep on writing but I'm back.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.

And Ace was arrested? And are they ever getting back together?

Tell me what you all thought about this chapter in the comments and please don't forget to vote!🤍

Bye loves...