xxiv) Voldemort's Return

My feet slam into hard ground and I crash to the ground, the Cup landing ten feet away. I quickly stand up and do a quick circle to see of there is anyone.

I grip my wand tightly not liking the eerie silence on this place. "You guys okay?" I ask.

"Yeah." Cedric says standing up, Harry following soon enough.

They also look around. "Where are we?" Cedric asks.

Harry shakes his head but a sickening feeling settles in my stomach. "I have been here before." I mutter barely audible but both Harry and Cedric hear me perfectly.

"In a dream." Harry says with me. Cedric looks at us weirdly but doesn't say anything.

"Someone's coming." He says suddenly.

A small figure comes towards us and a cauldron in front of a grave lights up. The scar on my arm suddenly flares up in pain. I hiss and grip my arm as Harry clutches his forehead.

"What is it?" Cedric asks worriedly, kneeling between us as we are on the ground now.

"Cedric, get to the Cup." I manage to say.

I look up at the figure in the doorway and see that it's none other than Peter Pettigrew, holding a bundle of clothes. I grip my wand tighter knowing what he will do.

Somehow I manage to push the pain away. "Kill the spare." A raspy voice hisses from the bundle of clothes.

I point my wand at Cedric and whisper, "Iaceo mortuus", at the same time as Pettigrew shouts, "Avada Kedavra!"

I don't know which spell hits first but Cedric is thrown a few feet away from us. "No! Cedric!" Harry yells.

He's lying completely still. I am staring at Cedric's body. There is no indication of which spell hit him first. I am too weak to perform the counter-curse and check.

I notice Wormtail approach Harry, wand raised. If I fight with Pettigrew, I will lose with how weak I am from the pain. I quickly stuff my wand in my pocket before anyone notices it.

Harry is backed to a headstone with a reaper. The scythe of the reaper lowers and holds Harry in place. Pettigrew turns towards me and binds me with ropes to another headstone.

The light from the fire flickers on Harry's headstone and I see the name written on it is 'Tom Riddle'.

"Do it now!" The raspy voice hisses again. With a jolt I realise who the voice belongs to.

Voldemort.

Pettigrew turns to the cauldron which now has a dark steaming liquid inside of it. He raises the bundle of clothes and drops Him in the liquid. My scar is now searing with unimaginable pain but if I try hard I can ignore it.

Pettigrew is speaking. His voice shakes, he seems frightened beyond his wits. He raises his wand, closes his eyes, and speaks to the night.

"Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!"

The surface of the grave at Harry's feet cracks. Horrified, I watch as a fine trickle of dust rose into the air at Pettigrew's command and falls softly into the cauldron.