xiii) The Final and The Visit

The next morning at breakfast I tell Draco about what happened. At first he was angry that I left without telling him anything but his interest got the better of him and he listened intently.

As we were discussing about the Hogsmeade visit, Flint walks over to us. "Stop flirting with each other and come on." He tells us. Both Draco and I blush slightly though I shake it off quickly.

"Lets go." I say getting up. I see the Gryffindor quidditch team getting up as well. As we are walking out Harry and I are beside each other.

"Good luck." He tells me though I ignore him. Draco is, of course, beside me. He smirks at Harry smugly.

"Are you going to keep ignoring him?" Draco asks me once we are out of earshot of Harry. The question naturally surprises me. "He is still your brother and no matter how much I hate him it doesn't have to reflect on you." He explains.

I roll my eyes slightly. "Ask me again after the match." I answer. He chuckles. "If you win, you talk to him if not you don't." He says stating what I am thinking.

I chuckle too. "You're not wrong." I say. We enter the changing tent and our conversation stops. After we are changed we gather around Flint.

"I want the cup in my hand one last time." Flint says. "Fiona make sure you beat Potter." He looks at me. I smirk.

"He is using an old school broom. It would be easy to beat him as long as it is not a repeat of the match against Ravenclaw." I say. Flint nods. "You all know what to do then." He says looking at the team.

Everyone nods in agreement. "Malfoy, stand by and be ready to get up there in a moment's notice."

"It won't come to that." Draco says in a confident voice. Everyone stares at him and he shrugs. "Fiona is a very good flyer." He says defensively.

Miles smirks. "Sure, Malfoy." He says and everyone laughs. Draco's cheeks become slightly pink. I nudge him. "Don't mind them." I whisper to him.

"Alright let's go." I say picking up my broom. We walk out and the Gryffindor team comes from the opposite side. Everyone is cheering deafeningly. It is the final after all.

We mount our brooms and after the game starts I am circling the field, Harry is nowhere near me. Suddenly I spot Harry dive for something. Luckily he is riding a Comet or Cleansweep, I am not sure, while I am riding a Firebolt. I dive after him but hear a voice speaking to me.

'Fiona, if you catch it now we lose. Gryffindors have a lead of two hundred.' It is in my mind and of course it is Draco.

I grit my teeth and instead of flying towards the snitch I slightly change my path and end up in front of Harry causing him to swerve and both of us losing the snitch.

After we are back up Harry glares at me. I smirk and move away. "We need to get the difference lesser." I tell Flint. Flint looks around the field.

He gestures to Hooch that we need a break. Hooch signals and everyone comes down. Draco is with us in a minute.

"It's no good." One of the chasers say. "Somehow they have become better than they were in the last match."

"If I catch the snitch they win." I tell Flint. "You have to come up with a miracle. Harry is still good and I can only keep distracting him for so long."