43. Incest

"Cersei? Whats with the long face my darling girl?" Avalon pondered. "You missed the game, not up for running around the stables while the littles jump out trying to scare you?" she teased after a round or five of ghost in the graveyard. Ghost was it more than once which Nora thought was hilarious.

"I was just thinking about how much Joffrey would have hated this." Cersei admitted.

"I stand by my decision to send him to the wall for his mandatory training. I like the quiet, I might just keep him there." Avalon admitted.

"Mother! He is your grandson."

"And he's a rotten apple. Myrcella and Tommen are so perfect and Joffrey, he terrified Kelsea and I'm sorry but I love Kelsea a million times more than Joffrey.'' Avalon declared loudly.

"I know." Cersei admitted. "He's my son... I dont know where I went wrong with him."

"Sometimes its nothing you do or dont do." Avalon offered. "Its just who he is... my brother Aerys was also mean, thought himself better than others. He burned the world down... I know many thought I would do that same."

"You are wonderful queen." Cersei assured.

"Thank you... and I stand by my decisions, maybe the wall will help Joffrey."

+

"I'm a prince!" Joffrey shouted. "My mother will hear about this!"

"Gods this kid." Alliser grumbled. "Can we return him?"

"The queen wanted him here for mandatory training for... four years." Aemon chuckled out. "It hasnt even been a year yet." he reminded them.

"Maester Aemon... you think..." Mormont chuckled.

"Whats that commander?" Aemon pondered as Joffrey whined out that he was tired and sore and hated everyone and everything and he was the fucking prince show him some respect you mongrels.

"The Targaryens are back on the throne, I'm sure if you wanted leave to pay your respects to the queen, she would allow it."

"She wrote to me moons ago when Joffrey was delivered. Said if I wanted a pardon from the nights watch I had it." Aemon informed him.

"And you didnt take it?" Mormont countered.

"Without me up here you lot would be mess." Aemon corrected.

"Well you got that right." Mormont agreed.

"Ouch! Thats going to leave a scar!" Joffrey shouted. "I will have your heads you stupid bastards!"

"The queen is never going to want him back." Mormont realized.

"Nope." Aemon agreed.

"I'm honestly surprised the crows havent killed him yet."

"They are one wrong step away from gutting him." Alliser cut in annoyed.

"Commander, we have supplies at the front gate from the capital." Pyp declared.

"Our queen coming through with rations and supplies." Aemon remarked fondly.

"She is a good queen." Alliser admitted.

"SHe is." Aemon agreed. "I knew she would be."

" it's gross." Arya decided

"you know your Targaryen history better than I do maybe." Draco countered. " do you know how many brothers and sisters have been wed throughout the lineage?" Arya thought on that. It always seems like such a Targaryen thing like no one else could stoop so low as to incest. But she supposed to as possible, even in their modern age. And the people were doing things like cersei and jaime behind closed doors.

" but your mother is the queen now and she can't promote that can she?" Arya asked honestly confused on the whole topic.

" she's the queen arya, which means she can do whatever she wants." Draco corrected.

" I heard my father say similar about the mad king. He did whatever he wanted and now look at him dead."

" yes, I know and that's how I came to life because my mother fled from her family and everyone that was trying to kill her except for the Lannister. My father and siblings they saw the difference between good and bad right and wrong. My mother is a very smart woman." Draco informed her seriously.

" I know that I love your mom" she agreed " one day she's going to be my mother, which means your siblings will be my siblings and I don't know how I feel about that..." she answered, honestly as they passed by Jaime training in the courtyard with tyon.

" they love each other though. What if you and I were siblings? And we were destined to be together." Draco declared, but arya was already shaking her head.

" I'm not Targaryen that wouldn't be normal." she reminded him.

" but if you were a Targaryen and we were siblings instead of lovers as we are." Draco corrected dramatically.

" your sister didn't marry her brother."

" she only had one brother and one sister and they wed each other." Draco countered.

" she could married her nephew that seems very Targaryen." Arya offered.

" true enough, but she fell in love with my father and luckily for you that she did or else my handsome face would not be here right now!" Draco declared.

" it is a rather handsome face." She agreed.

" I think she's going to let them get married." Draco offered " she has always wanted what's best for her children wanted to make us all happy."

" she's a good mother. She let all of you do what you wanted. Let your sister train and fight with the boys. Didn't try and force you into a mold that she wanted for each of you that she thought you should be. And I love that." Arya declared. " but she's not just a mother now she's a queen and I don't think the realms would approve. you know how they felt about Targaryen incest."

" you know how they felt about Targaryen and now my mothers sits the throne and the Realms love her." Draco corrected.

" that is true they really do. I don't think we've had a better king or queen yet." Arya agreed.

" so is it so wrong if she allows my siblings to get married?" Draco questioned. " it doesn't affect anyone's lives, but their own... and they get to be happy."

" thank you, Draco." they turned at the sound. Draco smiled back at Cersei. " that means a lot. Especially coming from you."

" anything for my big sister."