20. Fierce as a Wolverine

Calm as still water, Arya told herself. Strong as a bear. Fierce as a wolverine. She was trying to keep quiet, she needed to stay quiet her life depended on it.

"Found one bastard." one said. "the rest will come soon. A day or two days a fortnight."

"And when he leans the truth, what will he do?" a second voice asked.

"The gods alone know." the first answered and arya held her breath. "The fools tried to kill his son, and whats wrong they made a mummers farce of it. He's not a man to put that aside. I warn you, the wolf and the lion will soon be at each others throats, whether we will it or no."

"Too soon, too soon." the second man countered. "What good is a war now We are not ready. Delay."

"As well bid me stop time. do you take me for a wizard?"

"No less." he agreed with a chuckle.

Arya had found a cat, a tom cat, she was excited, she was quick and light on her feet, but it scratched at her trying to get away and then she stumbled upon a clearly private conversation but she couldnt move, if she did she would be caught. She had to just sit and hope they left her alone and didnt see her at all.

"What would you have me do?"

"If one hand can die, why not a second?"

That made Arya's heart race. She wanted her father, she also found herself wanting Draco here, he made her feel more brave, he encouraged her wild side, her need for adventure, to be a warrior.

"You have danced the dance before, my friend."

"before it not now, and this hand is not the other."

Still as stone, quiet as a shadow, Arya thought to herself as her eyes pinched closed. Draco had been calling out for Arya when he saw the flicker of the lights down in the dungeons. His voice silenced as he took silent steps down, the dim firelight barely casting his shadow as he passed.

"Nonetheless, we must have time. the princess is with child. the Khal will not bestir himself until a son is born. You know they are savages."

"And you are sure she is the last of them?"

"Yes, the rest are dead. It is just her and her army of savages."

Savages? Arya thought when a hand touched her shoulder she jumped but Draco rose his hands showing he wasnt going to hurt her he opened his mouth to ask what are you doing but she covered his mouth with her hand and he smiled into her but her eyes were full of panic.

"This is no longer a game for two platers if ever it was." The short man countered. "stannis baratheon and lysa arryn have fled beyond my reach, you should hear the whispers."

"Come... on..." Arya whispered in Dracos ear, she grabbed his hand leading him back up. Once they were upstairs Draco looked to Arya perplexed.

"What was that?"

"Someone is going to kill my father I think." Arya remarked.

"Well then we best go warn him." Draco agreed as they took off at a sprint.

"I'm sure we will find her, Draco and-" The door opened.

"I lost him, that little Bugger is fast." Davina remarked. "I'm sure they are fine." She added seeing Ned's worried face.

"Go check on your mother. " Tywin requested. "Dont worry, Lord Stark we will find them-" again the door opened and Draco and Arya came through. "Thank heavens!" Tywin declared pulling draco to him.

'Seven hells! What happened to you?" Ned bent down next to arya as he looked her over. Dirt covered her body, while her eyes held concern and worry. "You know I had half my guard out searching for you?" Ned questioned. "Arya, you promised this would stop." Ned sighed.

"They said they were going to kill you." Arya proclaimed

"Who did?' ned questioned confused.

"I don't know. I didn't see them. But I think one was fat." Arya offered.

"Oh, Arya." Ned said shaking his head.

"Your mother was in a right fit when you ran off, come on." Tywin remarked. "Goodnight Stark."

"Thank you lord Lannister." Ned offered tipping his head to Tywin.

"Come on Draco, heavens you need a bath." Tywin grumbled.

"I'm not lying. They said you found the bastard. And the wolves are fighting the lions and the savage. Something about a savage." Arya didn't know what any of it meant. Ned knew.

"She's not lying, they were being shady in the dungeons." Draco added as Tywin pulled him along.

"Where did you hear this?" Ned questioned not thinking he heard Draco right.

"Dungeons!" Draco called back.

"Yes. In the dungeons. Near the dragon skulls." she said it as if it was the most obvious thing location for her to be wandering.

"What were you doing in the dungeons?" Ned gave her a scolding look.

"Chasing cats." Arya said it so calmly like it was the most obvious thing in the world. She had told him she would be chasing cats, now that ned thought about it.

'Pardon me my Lord,' Jory said coming into Neds office, he was talking with Arya. 'there's a night watchman here saying it's urgent,' Ned nodded standing from the desk.

'What's your name friend?' Ned questioned

'Yoren, if you please. This must be your son he's got your looks.'

'I'm a girl!' Arya exclaimed

'Did Wende send you?' Ned questioned

'No one sent me my Lord, I am here to find men for the wall see if there's any scum in the dungeons that could be used for the service,' He informed ned

'We will find recruits for you.' Ned assured.

'Thank you my Lord that is not why I disturbed you. Your brother Benjen's blood runs black that makes him my brother as much as yours it is for his sake I rode here, the whole city will know by tomorrow.''

''Know what?' ned questioned cautiously.

''Best said in private my Lord.' he looked at arya, kissing the top of his daughters head Ned sent her off.

''Go on we'll talk later. Jory take her safely to her room.''

''Come on little lady you heard your father.' Jory said leading her out.

''Well?' Ned questioned impatiently.

''It's about your wife my Lord, she threatened the lady lannister, she went on a rampage."

"Lady Lannister? Is she alright?" Ned countered. "Lord Tywin was here just now and he didnt-"

"Called upon the houses, threatened her and her family, had a blade to her throat too." Yoren went on.

"Sevens." Ned murmured.

"Word will have spread and there will be madness, chaos, wolves and lions at each others throats. The queen loves her mother very much I have heard." Yoren went on. "You think she is going to take lightly to her mum being threatened by the Hand's wife?"

"Thank you for letting me know." Ned didnt know how to get on top of this though.