12. Til Death

'17 years ago you rode off with Robert Baratheon, you came back a year later with another woman's son and now you're leaving again!' catelyn told Ned exasperatedly.

''I am going. I can't refuse the king.' Ned reminded her

''That's what they always say, all our goals but that's what you tell your family, tell your son... you do have a choice.' catelyn told him through tears and annoyance. ''and you've made it.''

''Cat-'' he said reaching her but she pushed him away

'I can't do it.' she told him 'I really can't'

'You can, you must.' he told her before heading out himself.

~Many Years Ago~

After the war was won and over, Ned continued his searching for Lyanna, his search led him right to the Tower of Joy.

''Lord Stark...''

''I looked for you on the trails' Ned told Dane.

'Well we weren't there' Dane told him.

'The mad king is dead, Rhaegar lies beneath the ground why weren't you there to protect your prince?' ned questioned them

'Our loyalties lie here.' Dane told them

'Where is my sister?' Ned questioned

'I wish you good fortune in the wars to come,' Dane said putting his helmet back on. 'And now it begins,' they drew their swords.

'No, now it ends.' Ned told them that and his men drew their swords as well. Neds sword was flown from his hands, things looked bleak but then Dane fell to the ground as Reed stabbed him from behind then Ned sliced his throat. There was another scream heard from the tower and Ned ran, following the path up the tower hearing the cries from above.

But he stopped, seemed to slow, turning, he heard a whisper of his name in the wind but saw no one, the screams brought him back. Ned continued up the staircase to get to the top of the tower.

+

Avalon heart was racing in her chest but not out of fear out of love and anticipation. Her father should have been here to walk her down the aisle but there was no aisle just a septon and Cersei and Tyrion. Cersei looked so beautiful and Tyrion so handsome. Avalon was stunning and Tywin couldnt take his eyes off of her. She took a deep steadying breaths she knew her family was being slaughtered. Yet this was something she wanted, she knew Tywin wasnt doing this just to protect her, he wanted her too.

+

'Ned?'

'Lyanna?' Lyanna lay bloody in pale in bed.

'Ned. Is that you? Is that really you?' she question she was covered in blood 'you're not a dream?'

'No I'm not dream' he said trying to comfort his sister 'I'm here. Right here.' he assured her

'I've missed you big brother'

'I've missed you too' he told her

'I want to be brave' she told him.

'You are lyanna you are the bravest person I know.' He assured her.

'I'm not,' she told them 'I don't want to die.'

'You're not going to die. I'll get you some water!'

'No I don't need water' she told him

'Get her a measter!' Ned demanded. That's when they heard the cries baby a handmaiden placed the baby in Ned's arms.

'No, no water, no measter, just listen to me ned.' Lyanna whispered the name of her newborn son to Ned. 'Aegon Targaryen.' She made Ned promise her that they would protect him, as Robert would surely kill him, if it came to be known that her child was Rhaegar's son.

'If Robert finds out he will kill him, you know he will, you have to protect him, no one must know, not even the child, not even my child may know. It is too dangerous. Promise me Ned. Promise me. Promise me.' lyanna said slowly fading. 'promise me' Lyanna said again 'promise me.'

+

"He is mine and I am his." Avalon held tight to his hand. She had always hoped for a tradition targaryen wedding but small and simple with the one she loved most was even better. She liked the idea of the extravagant wedding dress, the blood oaths but there was enough blood shed. She worried about her family, her sister and niece and nephew, she worried about Rhaegar and Lyanna wherever they were in the world.

"With this kiss i vow to love you unconditionally for the rest of my life." Tywin told her and she felt like butterflies were erupting inside of her fluttering so hard to get out of her chest. Tywin kissed her his lips lingering on hers and it was done. Man and woman. Husband and wife. Til death do them part.

~Present Day~

'You said goodbye to Bran?' robb questioned coming up to Jon, they were headed out, Robb was to be the new lord of winterfell in his fathers absence. 'He's not going to die I know it.' Robb told him

'You starks are hard to kill.' Jon remarked

'My mother?'

'She was very kind.' Jon lied.

'I'm sure she was... Next time I see you you'll be all in black.' Robb remarked as Jon saddled his horse

'It was always my color.' Jon added.

"You get to spend some time alone with Davina." Robb remarked. "Maybe she changes your mind about taking the black." Jon chuckled looking to Davina.

"Not alone time." Jon corrected, Avalon, Tyrion and Tyon would be going as well.

"Kiss her once before you vow celibacy." Robb requested.

"I dont want to lose my head if she doesnt want me." Jon corrected.

'Farewell snow.'

'And you Stark.' they shared a warm embrace before Robb headed off.

'It is a great honor to be in the nights watch the starks have served it for thousands of years and you are a stark.' ned told Jon, ''you might not have my name but you have my blood.''

'Is my mother alive? Does she know about me? Where I am where I'm going? Does she care?' jon questioned hopelessly. Again his gaze shifted to Avalon as she hugged her babies and grandchildren again. Telling them to tell their father she loved him and would see him soon.

''Next time we see each other we will talk about your mother.'' Ned promised before riding off.

"Ready Jon?" Benjen questioned.

"As I'll ever be."