9. Blink of an Eye

Dance Away my broken heart / Podrick Payne out now!!!

"Have fun with your needlework arya." Jon heard her melodramatic groan as they headed out.

"I hate needlework!" Arya said with a fierce passion. "It's not fair!"

"Nothing is fair," Jon said. He messed up her hair again and walked away from her, Ghost moving silently beside him. Nymeria started to follow too, then stopped and came back when she saw that Arya was not coming. Reluctantly she turned in the other direction.

It was worse than Jon had thought. Worse then anyone could have imagined when she got back to her room. It wasn't Just Septa Mordane and her disapproving stare waiting in her room. It was Septa Mordane and her mother. Catelyn had a shout of annoyance on her lips.

"Seven hells-" arya grumbled wishing she ran off with Kelsea or Jon when she had the chance.

+

"Hey, whats wrong?" Avalon pondered, Arya had run right into her.

"I'm useless!" Arya shouted on the brink of tears as she kicked at the snow.

"You are most certainly not." Avalon corrected. "Why would you think such a thing?"

"I'm not like sansa and Jayne or even your Kelsea. I'm not perfect!" Arya whimpered out.

"No one is perfect." Avalon corrected still holding onto Arya. Draco peered in on them.

"Sansa is."

"She just pretends to be." Draco corrected from above.

"He is right." Avalon assured.

"Jeyne used to call me Horseface, and neighed whenever she came near." Arya remarked softly so draco couldnt hear. "I'm not pretty like them."

"You are beautiful. Why would she say something like that?"

"Because I can ride, I'm a good rider. I'm better than sansa... its the only thing I'm better at then sansa." Arya remarked.

"One lies." Draco declared marching towards them. "Two. Fuck her. All of them. You dont want to be like Sansa, you want to be the bad ass rebel that rules the world. Not someone elses puppet."

"Draco! I swear we lost all our manners on the ride here, we don't talk like that." Avalon declared. Draco shrugged and Arya smiled hugging him.

"Thanks for saying that." Arya whispered.

"Lady Ava," Rickon declared barreling into her legs. "Nora is stuck in a tree."

+

After getting Nora down she was desperately looking for Bran, he had climbed like a monkey and was gone.

"Bran, Bran where are you?" NOra ran through the courtyard looking around. "Bran? Bran?" She called out. "I thought he would be here already, I felt like I was trapped in that tree for ages!" Nora declared dramatically.

"It felt like ages." Rickon agreed.

"Stop it," Cersei said, "stop it, stop it. Oh, please ..." But Cersei's voice was low and weak, and she did not push him away. She wanted him, she craved him, she had to pretend for her own sake at times that she didnt. She wasnt committing this sin like no other. Her hands buried themselves in Jaime's hair, his golden hair, and pulled his face down to her breast.

Bran saw her face, the queen. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was open, moaning. Her golden hair swung from side to side as her head moved with her brothers forceful movements. What the hell was the queen doing half naked with her brother?

He must have made a noise of terror or disgust because suddenly her eyes opened, and she was staring right at him. She screamed an ear pinching scream and Bran froze. Everything happened at once.

Cersei pushed Jaime away wildly, shouting and pointing, he saw us, he saw us. Bran tried to pull himself up and away, he reached for the gargoyle he needed to be far away. His mother always said that one of these days he would be climbing and see something he wasnt supposed to. Today was that day.

Bran was in too much of a hurry to get away. His hand scraped uselessly across smooth stone, and in his panic his legs slipped, and suddenly he was falling back, this was the moment he died.

His head whipped back and he felt a rush of instant vertigo everything was spinning, a sickening lurch as the window flashed past.

Bran reached uselessly, blindly for the ledge, before he finally grabbed it. His body swung against the building, hard once he got a hold of the ledge. The impact of the wall slamming into his chest took the breath right out of him. Bran dangled, one-handed, panting. But Bran's fingers started to slip.

"There he is." RIckon remarked looking up and the wolves started to howl. Nora looked up.

"I think he's slipping." Nora declared. "Bran! I'm going to get help, hold on!" NOra shouted.

Bran flailed wildly reaching for the ledge as the wolves howled out below him. He heard Nora but couldnt hear the words she spoke. His head spun as he tried to find something to hold onto it seemed to go on forever and yet it was done in the blink of an eye for Cersei and Jaime.

Jaime ran out trying to grab him but he missed his fingers fisted around the air where Bran once was and Bran kept falling.

Nora screamed out jumping as Bran collided beside her. She screamed at the top of her little lungs and went running right into Avalon.