26. He Loved to Sing

"Thank you all for coming, King Robert has passed and it is my duty to inform you of the heir... the rightful heir." Ned remarked. "As you all know the Targaryen dynasty was one we thought was gone for many years-"

"Good riddance!"

Sandor scowled back at the man that shouted and he cowered back in response.

"But..." ned hesitated looking to Avalon, this was a mistake, this was all wrong. She would be putting her children in the line of fire, she didnt want that. She wanted them safe. That was why they ran, they hid on the rock.

"You all remember the princess Avalon-" Barristan spoke up. "And prince Rhaegar."

"Kidnapped our lord hands sister!"

"Get him out of here." Tywin demanded their guards.

"Rhaegar loved to sing and play his lute." Avalon spoke up. "And he loved lyanna from that first moment he saw her."

"And we all made assumptions and because Aerys was a bad king we lumped all the good targaryens with him. Deeming them all fire and blood." Barristan remarked. "But i know the targaryens. I knew the targaryens well and I would be honored to serve under them again." Barristan declared.

"Queen Rhaella was always sweet." A woman spoke up. "Made sure to give to the lower cities her and her little sister Avalon. They visited the orphanages and made sure the kids were fed and clothed."

"Rhaegar sang right outside my pub-" another yelled. "Brought all the woman with him all the lads trying to out drink him. He was great for business and had a lovely voice to work by."

"My brother did wrong. I wont deny that." Avalon stepped forward on the podium and Tywin tensed. "But I hope to do better than him."

"All the targaryens are dead!"

"Not all. And when I fled the capital I married my husband Tywin. I became a lannister." Avalon remarked. "But I will always be blood of the dragon. I will always be Targaryen. I want to bring westeros back to its former greatness... if you will allow it." Avalon offered looking around at the spectators.

"My mama," nora declared stepping forward. "Is the best mama. She didnt mean to lie she just wanted to keep us safe. She will try to keep you all safe to if you let her be queen. It is her birthright."

"You fools would be rediculous to pass up my mum as queen." Draco remarked.

"Draco maybe we dont insult them." Avalon whispered back to him.

"You may have heard what Catelyn Stark did to us on our way home." Davina declared. "She had thought the worst of my family. She thought a bunch of lies and nearly killed us. She had a blade to my mums throat and when the tables turned and my mother had the upper hand she showed grace and mercy." Davina informed them. "My mother has seen the bad in the world. The cruel and wicked and yet in the face of her own danger she still showed kindness and mercy to her attcker."

"Its true. And she was really upset." Tyon agreed. "But while catelyn was bitching-"

"Language please." Avalon begged.

"My mother said that hurting catelyn would only hurt her children and my mother didnt want to hurt innocents." Tyon went on proudly. "Im glad to be a Targaryen. Im proud to be princess Avalon Targaryens son."

"Thanks Tyon im here too," tywin added.

"Love you pops." Tyon agreed.

"When our mother cares she cares with her whole heart loves with her whole heart and has the love and determination to make westeros great again. What do you say? Princess Avalon Targaryen for queen!" Kelsea declared.

"You might also take into consideration that my mother-" tyrion added stepping forward. "Didnt command you to bow down but instead is showing you who she is and asking you if you want this... what ruler in the history of westeros asked the people?"

"Jaehaerys Targaryen took a vote between his grandchildren Rhaenys Velaryon and Viserys Targaryen in the year-"

"Thank you Lady Arya." Tyrion agreed. "Now although this is avalons birthright she is asking you if you want her to be your queen..." tywin held onto Avalons hand they stood a united front. This was it. The moment of truth. Had they fucked up their whole lives... either way everything was about to change.