29. Smother the Sun

I Can See You / Gendry Waters out now!

"When Stannis comes... you think we are going to be in trouble?" Arya questioned. "Like in danger?" 

"Not if we get to our dancing lessons on time for once." Draco corrected.

"Draco no lessons today, come on!" Kelsea declared. 

"Yes lessons," Draco countered. 

"The martells are here, the princes of dorne! They are coming to see mum! Come on Arya, you too!" Kelsea demanded running past them. 

"I knew Oberyn and Doran when they were just boys... Elia was always a sweet girl..." Avalon remarked leaning into Tywin as they docked. "I havent seen them since..." She whispered. "I thought they might be mad after what happened but then again I was dead up until a few moons ago." 

"Lets hope this is a friendly greeting." Tywin agreed. 

"Mum," Draco declared coming up behind her. She reached out for him. 

"I hope these people are worth missing our training." Arya added. 

"Thats the spirit." Ned agreed. 

"Prince Oberyn, welcome to the capital." Avalon declared.  Oberyn brought a hand up to block the sun he looked around at them seriously before he dropped his hand and a smile appeared on his handsome face. 

Avalon remembered the last time Tywin, Ned and herself were all in the same place as Oberyn, it was the tourney where everything went wrong, it so happened that, that was the day Avalon met Ned. 

~

"I'm sorry, I'm such a klutz today." Avalon had remarked as she took a step back and a young ned was hypnotized.

"my fault," ned assured. "i wasnt looking where I was going, Princess."

"Avalon," she corrected with a curtsey.

"Eddard Stark, Ned." he corrected awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you, Ned." avalon remarked.

"Mama you ready?" Tyrion had questioned running up to her.

"I didnt know you had a son." Ned offered.

"This is Tyrion Lannister," Avalon declared as she picked up Tyrion, he leaned into Avalon.

"Lannister... yes I remember hearing about that." Ned remarked gently.

"Mama," Tyrion whispered in her ear.

"If you will excuse us, someone wants to get a better look at the horses before they take off." Avalon remarked.

"Of course, it was an honor to meet you, princess." Ned declared bowing again.

"I hope to see you again Lord Eddard." Avalon remarked reaching out and giving his shoulder a squeeze.

"Flirting with the princess!" Lyanna declared as soon as Avalon turned her back. "Ned! Dont tell Brandon or else he will make it his mission to get her first."

"Shut up." Ned begged. "She's just so... beautiful."

"Yeah, Targaryens... sexy." Lyanna agreed looking over at Rhaegar.

"Lyanna." Ned tsked.

"What?" Lyanna offered.

"Rhaegar is a married man."

"And the princess is out of your league." Lyanna countered bluntly. 

"Hello Prince Oberyn, what a fine mare you have." Avalon remarked as Tyrion reached out.

"Hello princess," Oberyn coed.

"Are you going to win?" Tyrion questioned as he ran a little hand over his horses mane.

"I'm going to try.'' Oberyn agreed. "And when I do..." Oberyn smirked. "I'm going to give it to Avalon." Avalon smiled back at him.

"Give it to someone you actually have a shot with." Avalon teased.

"Oh, Avalon dagger dagger to my heart gorgeous." Oberyn declared dramatically.

"Say thank you to Oberyn and wish him luck, he will need it." Avalon added with a wink. Tyrion waved goodbye to him. 

~

"Ah! Avalon!" Oberyn declared jogging towards her. "You came back from the dead, thats a skill I want to have." 

"Oberyn, honey it is so good to see you!" Avalon declared hugging him to her.  They were family after all. Elia, Oberyn's sister had married Avalon's nephew Rhaegar. 

"You are the queen, I need to bow-" Oberyn realized pulling back. 

"No, no just hug me again and tell me you are not mad at me." Avalon corrected. 

"Mad? At you? My dearest, I could never be mad at you."  Oberyn assured. "Come introduce me to your beautiful family." 

"This is my husband and king Tywin." Avalon remarked. Tywin extended his hand. 

"Welcome Prince Oberyn," Tywin remarked kindly. 

"I feel welcomed." Oberyn agreed. 

"These are my children, Nora, Draco, Tyon, Davina and her soon to be engaged Jon." Avalon offered. "And kelsea, my perfect little kelsea why are you hiding?" Avalon questioned reaching for her. Kelsea was blushing wildly, she didnt wear the right dress, her hair wasnt right, oh Gods, he was perfect and she was in love. Was this love? This is what Nora felt with bran and Draco felt with Arya and surely what Davina was feeling for Jon right now. 

"My, my, Avalon what beautiful children you have." Oberyn declared and he moved to Kelsea reaching out and kissing her hand. She thought she might faint on the spot. 

"Thank you, they are bright and brilliant as well, Davina is basically leading out defense for this upcoming battle against Stannis Baratheon."  Avalon remarked, Oberyn held Kelseas gaze a moment longer before looking to Avalon. 

"Wonderful, wonderful, a woman that can fight, you hold onto her soon to be engaged Jon." Oberyn mused. 

"This is Ne-"

"Eddard Stark." Oberyn agreed giving Ned a firm handshake. "If only your sister had been less intriguing to my sisters husband." 

"I lost her too." Ned reminded him. 

"Yes..." Oberyn agreed before his smile appeared as he pulled back, this was going to be a long visit Ned thought glumly. "These must be your girls, so lovely." Oberyn offered. 

"This is Arya Stark and she is a warrior as well." Draco declared. "I'm also going to marry her one day." he added softly. 

"Wonderful, wonderful... I come from sunspear and yet I come here-" Oberyn put a hand up to block the sun again. "And I want to smother the damn sun." 

"Come on inside then." Avalon insisted. "Lets go have food but wait, Oberyn hates our food, and our weather and now the sun," Avalon teased as he linked his arm with hers. "Maybe our cooks can make you some traditional dornish cuisines?" 

"I'm going to help you win this war, dont butcher my homeland's delicacies." Oberyn corrected.