21. Queens & Legends

"You were waiting for me." Arya remarked. 

"I was... its not weird, my room is right next door." Draco reminded her. Arya nodded. "Hey, I had a question for you and it might seem out of the blue and just forget I said anything if you dont like the question." 

"Thats weird but okay." Arya agreed. 

"What do you... do you... you know..." Draco cleared his throat. "What do you know about your targaryen history?" 

"Visenya, Rhaenys and their brother Aegon Targaryen were warriors, they rode dragons and conquered. They had a valyrian steel blade too called dark sister, I want a Valyrian steel blade one day." Arya remarked. "Your sister, I doubt your father knew since everyone says he is anti Targaryen-" Draco chuckled if only she knew. "But your sister Davina-"

"There are two great Davinas in Targaryen history, both were queens." Draco agreed. "Davina thinks herself queen of any room she walks into." he offered. 

"Yeah, Visenya's daughter Davina, married Maegor the cruel and then her nephew Jaehaerys' daughter's daughter was named Davina... she became queen too." Arya agreed. "They were queens of their time and legends in ours."

"Yeah, thats right. You know your targaryen history really well." Draco realized. 

"The Targaryen women," Arya corrected. "I dont care for the men, thats all anyone remembers but it was the women that really ruled." 

"You are probably right, my mum is in charge just like Dav, my father knows better than to question them." Draco remarked. 

"Why did you ask about Targaryens?" Arya pondered. 

"Oh, no reason... um Joffrey was talking about the... where Aerys Targaryens bones were buried and... have you been? It's nice- not the bones but what they built. It's..." Draco had only seen it in books but he wanted to see it in person and he wasnt about to leave just yet. 

"WOuld you show me?" Arya questioned. 

"Yeah, I would love to show me, show you," he corrected. "I would love to show you." Draco declared. "Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow." Arya agreed. 

"Then I guess I will... see you tomorrow."

"Goodnight Draco." 

"Goodnight Arya." Draco answered kissing her cheek before moving down to his room. Arya smiled back at him. 

Ned went to find Arya only to see Draco at her door. He looked at the smile on Arya's face as she bid Draco goodnight, he leaned forward kissing her cheek and Arya blushed a little bit as she watched him head down the hallway.

"Draco Lannister?" Ned mused and Arya jumped.

"Father! Don't sneak up on me." Arya demanded scowling back at him.

"I didnt sneak up on you, you were just otherwise focused on... someone else." Ned offered

"He was walking me back, shut up about it." Arya barked.

"I have never seen you look at anyone like that." Ned countered. 

"I like him, are you happy?" Arya questioned sternly as though they were having an argument.  

"Are you happy?" Ned countered. 

"Yes I am." Arya declared but again Ned didnt understand why she sounded so angry. "Goodnight father!" Arya yelled before slamming her door. 

"War was easier than raising girls." Ned grumbled as he ran a hand over his face. 

+

Avalon was curled up in Tywin's arms the next morning when there was a knock at the door and promptly Nora ran in, Kelsea behind her.

Tywin grumbled tucking the sheets around his naked body as he handed Avalon his discarded shirt.

"Hi honey's." Avalon coed.

"Jon's back." Nora declared.

"Shut the door please Kelsea." Tywin begged.

"did he bring Bran with him? I did not see Bran." Nora informed them.

"I dont know, maybe you go ask him." Tywin suggested.

"Great lets go!" Nora agreed.

"You not we." Tywin grumbled.

"Mama do you think i'm ever going to be in love like Davina is with Jon and Nora is with Jon?" Kelsea questioned.

"Kelsea-"

"Even Draco is in love with Arya and thats just-"

"Kelsea-" Tywin begged.

"-so much love and am I going to die alone?" Kelsea finished. She looked at her parents still clearly in love with each other and it made her love sick.

"I need pants on for this conversation." Tywin offered softly.

"And I need a strong cup of tea to wake me up." Avalon decided. "Okay, lets get dressed and ready and then we can... break our fast with Jon, why dont you two wake up your siblings for the day," Avalon suggested.

"I'll get Dav, you get Tyon-"

"No Tyon is a grumpy butt in the mornings." Nora corrected as they headed out.

"Close the door- sevens." Tywin grumbled as the door hung wide open after their daughters.