7. Perfect Little Sansa

Avalon woke for the first time in almost a moon in a real bed. It was wonderful. She stretched out and felt a body beside her, her eyes went wide until she turned her head to see Draco snuggled up and snoring softly beside her.

"Hi honey." Avalon whispered kissing his forehead. "You ready to get up and start the day?" He grumbled in return. "We are in winterfell, the north." She reminded him in case he forgot.

"I know mum." Draco murmured into her pillow. "I'm going to get Arya to fall in love with me." Draco decided as he sat up.

"Thats the spirit... but like I said, lets not fall in love just yet." Avalon offered as she started to brush out her hair.

"Her sister is Kelsea's age and Joffrey is going to marry her, that means Arya will be needing a husband sooner or later and I think that should be me."

"She hasnt shown you the light of day yet." Avalon corrected. "Just be her friend, dont fall in love just yet, you let love grow."

"I'm not patient enough for that mum." Draco corrected, getting out of bed and moving to his own chambers next door.

Of course Kelsea was already up and ready to go, she was walking with Sansa and her friends to their sewing circle that morning. Avalon loved that Kelsea made a friend so easily. Avalon had to wake up Tyon and Davina. Davina hid under the covers and Tyon rolled right out of bed with a heavy thud. Nora was already up with rickon and Bran chasing the wolves around when Avalon found her.

"Sansa's work is as pretty as she is," Septa Mordane had told catelyn constantly. "She has such fine, delicate hands."

When Catelyn had asked about Arya, the septa had sniffed though. As though Arya was something to be ashamed of.

"Arya has the hands of a blacksmith." The septa had said with distaste.

Now that the royal family was here the septas attention was not on Arya. Septa mordane was gushing over Myrcella and Kelsea. the septa was paying her no attention today or any day for the foreseeable future if the royals were here. That was one good thing about them. 

Arya didnt know what to think about Draco, he was cute but he was clinging, that much was clear. But they could have some fun while he was here. But then again why would anyone look twice at Arya after all she was a lady with blacksmith hands. Not a princess or perfect sansa.

The septa was sitting with the Princess Myrcella, all smiles and admiration. Kelsea liked to stitch Lions like her Lannister namesake she was working on the mane and Sansa's friends all thought she was so talented. The septa although too thought Kelsea was skilled put her focus on Myrcella. It was not often that the septa was privileged to instruct a royal princess in the womanly arts, as she had said when the queen brought Myrcella to join them.

"Grandma! Grandma!" Myrcella declared and Avalon crouched between Kelsea and Myrcella.

"Well isnt that the prettiest..." Avalon stopped herself before leaning into Kelsea, hoping for help. "What are you stitching Myrcella?" Avalon chuckled as Kelsea shrugged. "Lovely lion my dear, your daddy will like that." Kelsea beamed back at her.

"And Myrcella that is so pretty." Avalon assured. "But just... how would you explain it? Like... what do you call such a masterpiece?" Myrcella laughed out.

Myrcella was younger than Arya but apparently she had marvelous stitching. Arya peered over to Myrcellas work. Arya thought that Myrcella's stitches looked a little crooked too, but you would never know it from the way Septa Mordane was cooing and doting over the princess. Arya looked to Avalon and she winked back at Arya as Myrcella explained it was a lion.