41. In Charge

Eyes open / Ned Stark / Oberyn Martell out now!
&
Shameless / Sandor Clegane out now!

"I heard mum talking." Draco remarked as they walked. "She is really mad at varys. Cersei has spies and they said he stole tyrion. Mother is going to have him murderer on sight."

"Tyrion or varys?" Arya questioned.

"Varys! My mother loves tyrion. Hes my brother. Shes really worried about him." Draco remarked. "I was with you when they were attacked."

"By my mother." Arya mumbled.

"If my mother and siblings were not there I think tyrion would have been killed for something he didnt do." Draco remarked. "Now hes all alone and mums really worried."

"You know what you need to do then?" Arya questioned

"What?"

" go to lessons like she requested of you." Arya informed him.

" well, hell on earth, is that going to help?" Draco sassed.

" because then she has one less thing to worry about if her children that are here are doing what they are told." Arya answrred confidently.

" when did you get so smart?"

" my father made me go to lessons." Arya answered.

" do you want to come with me? My lessons today are learning high Valyrian." he informed her. " it's not bad. Some of the stuff is actually pretty fun. Do you know one day for our future children-" he mumbled out the words very quickly, but she heard and a smile, curved her face. "-they will need to learn high Valyrian as well. It is the Targaryen way after all. What do you say you want to join me? I'll be the best teacher ever."

" yeah, I'd like that... all of that." she clarified, grabbing his hand.

+

''You learn your high Valyrian?'' Avalon asked not looking away from her book only turning to the next page.

"Yes mama." They agreed.

"How did you do today?" Avalon went on her eyes scanning down the page.

"Good." Tyon answered

"Ēngenka" Davina answered in high Valyrian.

"Excellent." Avalon agreed putting her book down and sitting up. 'Love?''

''Jorrāelagon'' Kelsea answered the fastest.

''War?''

''Vīlībāzma'' Nora spoke up.

"Very good my little love." Avalon coed kissing her cheek. "My fury is greater.'' Avalon said looking between them.

''Issa vēdros iksos... greater.'' Jon began but hesitated, Avalon chuckled

''Rōvēgrie'' Davina answered. "It's okay you are doing great."

"Need more one on one sessions." Jon offered as he wrapped a hand around Davina's waist.

"All my babies so smart," Avalon applauded.

''Avy jorrāelan muña." Draco declared with a wink.

"Muña onjapos lōtinty.'' Nora requested.

"I always want carrot cake!" Avalon declared happily. "Celebratory cake for everyone!" Avalon declared. "I'm so proud of all of you. I know your father is as well."

''Kirimvose Muña." They echoed.

''Avy jorrāelan''

''Avy jorrāelan''

''Avy jorrāelan'' the kids echoed and Avalon had never felt so loved as she held them close. She wasnt scared of what the future held, they had won the war against the baratheon brothers, the north was secure in the Starks hands and Catelyn was never to come south again unless she was apologizing or else she might lose her head, it was nice. But Avalon still worried about Tyrion. He had vanished after her coronation and although she knew he was capable, she also knew he wasnt a fighter.

She worried when Cersei's spies couldnt find him. It had been too long, Avalon needed Tyrion home. She needed Varys dead. His head on a spike and she was never one for heads on spikes but that man deserved it. Stealing her son. 

"Arya came to lessons." Draco remarked. "She is doing really good too." 

"I'm glad you two have each other." Avalon agreed. 

"I missed her like crazy when she's gone. She's training with Dav right now." Draco added. 

"That sounds like love." Avalon agreed. 

"I think so." Draco agreed leaning into Avalon. "I know you are dealing with Dav and Jon, Cersei and Jaime but one day I think I'm going to marry Arya." 

"I had that feeling." Avalon agreed. 

"So do I have to ask Ned's permission?" Draco questioned. 

"That would be considerate." Avalon agreed. 

"But father said no to Jon and Davina said she didnt care she was asking you. But since Catelyn is far away and evil-"

"Not evil. Just... go on." Avalon agreed.

"The mum is in charge." Draco pondered. 

"Yes." Avalon agreed without hesitation. 

"So, really I just need Arya to say yes when the time comes, it doesnt matter if Ned says no." 

"He won't say no." Avalon assured. "You are a wonderful boy, Arya loves you. You two are perfect together, but you are young honey, you dont need to be married yet. Lets focus on one wedding at a time." She requested. 

"Okay..."

"and please, ask for Ned's blessing and if says no, ask again and again and keep showing up being your wonderful self for Arya and he won't be able to say no." Avalon instructed. 

"Thanks mum." Draco agreed hugging her quickly before running off.  "Love you!"

''I love you too.'' Avalon told him happily.

Arya pulled an arrow from the bundle and loaded it into her bow. 

Arya was doing target practice

Arya was doing target practice. Of course she was. She wanted to be the best.

Dont aim she reminded herself. Dont hold. Just let loose. She closed her eyes and let out a breath as she lifted her bow she opened her eyes and Draco was standing in front of her. She put her bow down quickly. 

"Why are you shooting with your eyes closed!" Draco shouted. 

"WHy are you standing in front of me when I'm training!" Arya countered. They stared back at each other a silent moment before laughing out. 

"You could have killed me." Draco realized. 

"I would have been really sad." Arya informed him. "For like a fortnight." She mused, Draco shoved her. 

"Lies you would be sad forever if I died." Draco corrected. 

"Don't ever die and we never have to find out." 

"Good plan." Draco agreed kissing her. "Okay, if you are going to shoot at someone-"

"NO!" Jaime shouted. "Targets only please!"

"You are no fun."