11. Swords & Distractions

'A sword for the wall?' Jaime questioned coming up to Jon.

'I already have one.' Jon told him

'Good man have you used it yet?' Jaime questioned looking over jon.

'Of course I have.' Jon said stiffly.

'At someone I mean...' Jaime smirked.

"Leave him be, Jaimeson." Davina declared as she walked by, Jon stared at her as she passed. Jaime snapped a finger in his face.

"That's my little sister, don't look at her like that." Jaime corrected. "And no doubt she is better than you with a sword and would chop your cock off it you looked at her like that." Jaime lied. Half lied. She was better, Jaime made sure of it. But Davina although used to hate the males gaze had started to enjoy it since their journey north. Jon swallowed the lump in throat as his gaze shifted to Jaime.

''it's a strange thing the first time you cut a man.' Jamie told him as he rose his own blade. ''when you realize we are nothing but sacks of meat flesh blood... Let me thank you ahead of time for protecting us from the powers against the wall Wildlings and white walkers and what not.' Jaime mused, 'the great wall could use good men like you protecting it.' Jamie said pulling Jons hand closer before letting him go.

''We have guarded the kingdom for 8000 years.' Jon reminded him

'Is it we already?' Jaime questioned 'have you taken your vows then?'

'Soon enough' Jon answered puffing his chest.

''Give my regards to the nights watch I'm sure they will be willing to serve such an elite force and if not... It's only for life.' Jamie added walking away but Avalon whacked him over the back of the head, Jon withheld a laugh when he saw.

"Stop being mean." Avalon instructed. Jaime turned to her.

"Sorry mum." Jaime grumbled.

"I'm not the one that needs an apology. You took an oath just like he might. Sure its at the ends of the earth but i would rather have a strong man like jon protecting us from the unknown, hell him as king compared to your nephew. My grandson. The fucking heir, that boy." Avalon hissed through clenched teeth. Jons eyes went wide as avalon defended him. "I wish joffrey had a fraction of jons bravery." Jon felt like a damn hero.

+

''I'm excited to go south with you." Draco remarked. 

"I'm not excited to repack my stupid trunk." Arya remarked. 

"I can help you... I mean I just threw my stuff in, Mum didnt double check, it just gets messed up again." Draco offered. 

"Thats what I said!" Arya exclaimed. 

"match made in heaven." Draco agreed, Arya scrunched up her face. "You are pretend but Arya, you like me." 

"I dont not like you." Arya agreed. 

"I'm taking that as a win." 

"Nymeria, scarf." Arya instructed and Nymeria picked up the scarf. Dracos jaw dropped. 

"That was awesome." Draco remarked. Arya smiled proudly back at him but Nymeria refused to give back the scarf once she had it in her fangs and Arya tugged on it uselessly. 

"Nymeria drop it!" Arya demanded. "Drop it!" 

"This is less impressive." Draco teased. 

"NYMERIA! You are making me look bad!" Arya murmured. Nymeria released the scarf and arya stumbled back, ripped scarf in hand and colliding with Draco. 

"If you wanted me to hold you, you just had to ask, didnt need to do that whole chardare with nymeria." Draco teased. 

"Shut up, thats not... I wasnt..." Arya's eyes pinched closed as she tried to hide her smile. 

"I understand, I'm hot stuff, making you weak in the knees." Draco assured winking back at her. 

"I have to finish packing, you are distracting me." Arya decided. 

"Oh, falling into my arms and now I'm distracting?" Draco teased and Arya laughed out as there was a knock on the door. "Should I sneak out the window?" 

"We arent doing anything scandalous." Arya corrected as she moved to the door. 

"You were all over me, I'm sticking to that. I swear mother, she came onto me." Draco teased. 

"As if anyone here doesnt know how much you like me too." Arya corrected. 

"Too." Draco said victoriously. Arya's hand faltered on the doorknob. "So you do like me." Arya stared back at him wordlessly, what was happening to her chest? It was tight and pounding and fluttering and... she gave him a little nod and Dracos smile got bigger. "I knew it." He whispered kissing her cheek before pulling open the door. "Hey Jon, let it be known that Arya loves me."

"I didnt say that!" Arya called after him. 

"That's what I heard!" 

"DRACO!" 

"I love it when you yell at me, we sound like an old married couple already!" Draco called back to her. Jon stared at her a moment longer before he couldnt hide his smile. 

"What was that?" Jon questioned. 

"Nothing. What do you want?"

"Sorry I have to scream it from the rooftops, my baby sister is in love-"

"SHUT UP!" Arya whined. 

+

"Lord Stark, might I have a word?" Jon questioned. Ned looked up from his trunk with a nod.

"Come on in Jon."

"It's... its about my mum." Jon remarked closing the door behind him and Ned sighed. "YOu never told me anything about her and I... well I... Lady Ava and you seem close and she is really sweet to me and I was just thinking, well maybe that she might-"

"No." Ned Corrected. "Jon Lady Aval-" He coughed out to hide his mistake. "Ava, is not your mother." Jon had targaryen blood, was Avalon's second nephew, but not her son, although she had treated Jon like a son, like family since she arrived in winterfell.

"But-"

"Jon, she is not your mother, to this I swear." Ned begged and Jon nodded looking to his feet. "I have to finish packing."

"Right, of course, I'm sorry." Jon left quickly feeling defeated, he shouldnt have asked then he could have pretended.

+

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you-" Avalon must have said it a million times. She hugged Kelsea again as she packed her bag back up into the carriage she was going to share with Sansa on the ride back. "You listen to your siblings and Sandor." She added.

"Yes Mum." Kelsea agreed. Avalon knew that Kelsea would be her good girl. Avalon looked to Draco.

"I will be good! Geeze!" Draco declared. "Gosh, dont you trust me?"

"Sandor keep a close eye on him please." Avalon corrected as she kissed Draco. "Nora, love..." Avalon coed.

"I will be good mama. I promise." Nora assured.

"I will see you back home at the rock very soon."