4. Eddard

~Many Years Ago~

"I'm sorry, I'm such a klutz today." Avalon remarked as she took a step back and ned was hypnotized.

"my fault," ned assured. "i wasnt looking where I was going, Princess."

"Avalon," she corrected with a curtsey.

"Eddard Stark, Ned." he corrected awkwardly.

"Nice to meet you, Ned." avalon remarked.

"Mama you ready?" Tyrion questioned running up to her.

"I didnt know you had a son." Ned offered.

"This is Tyrion Lannister," Avalon declared as she picked up Tyrion, he leaned into Avalon.

"Lannister... yes I remember hearing about that." Ned remarked gently.

"Mama," Tyrion whispered in her ear.

"If you will excuse us, someone wants to get a better look at the horses before they take off." Avalon remarked.

"Of course, it was an honor to meet you, princess." Ned declared bowing again.

"I hope to see you again Lord Eddard." Avalon remarked reaching out and giving his shoulder a squeeze.

"Flirting with the princess!" Lyanna declared as soon as Avalon turned her back. "Ned! Dont tell Brandon or else he will make it his mission to get her first."

"Shut up." Ned begged. "She's just so... beautiful."

"Yeah, Targaryens... sexy." Lyanna agreed looking over at Rhaegar.

"Lyanna." Ned tsked.

"What?" Lyanna offered.

"Rhaegar is a married man."

"And the princess is out of your league." Lyanna countered bluntly.

"Hello Prince Oberyn, what a fine mare you have." Avalon remarked as Tyrion reached out.

"Hello princess," Oberyn coed.

"Are you going to win?" Tyrion questioned as he ran a little hand over his horses mane.

"I'm going to try.'' Oberyn agreed. "And when I do..." Oberyn smirked. "I'm going to give it to Avalon." Avalon smiled back at him.

"Give it to someone you actually have a shot with." Avalon teased.

"Oh, Avalon dagger dagger to my heart gorgeous." Oberyn declared dramatically.

"Say thank you to Oberyn and wish him luck, he will need it." Avalon added with a wink. Tyrion waved goodbye to him.

"There you are." Tywin pressed a kiss to Avalon's lips as she tilted up her face to greet him.

"here I am." Avalon agreed as she put Tyrion down, she held to his hand not wanting to lose him in the crowd.

"I'm hungry." Tyrion whispered.

"Me too, do you think they have-" Avalon began.

"No, they dont have carrot cake." Tywin was already laughing as he said it, Avalon's lips pursed. "I checked." he added kissing those full lips again.

"You checked already for me?" Avalon wrapped an arm around him.

"Of course, I love you." Tywin agreed. "And you are in a better mood with cake in your belly." he added.

"Are you saying I'm in a bad mood?" Avalon teased.

"I'm still hungry." Tyrion cut in. "Can we have cake?"

"Come on." Avalon picked him up, Tywin wished that Avalon didnt love Tyrion as much as she did, she brought him everywhere with her, like a puppy. Tyrion loved her, clung to her still, called her mama and wouldnt do to bed unless Avalon tucked him in and sung him a song or told him a story.

It was sweet, Tywin's cold heart towards Tyrion has melted slightly but it was Avalon's sweetness that really got Tywin to like Tyrion. It made Tywin want to marry Avalon right now, it had been years and it was inevitable but then Tywin was released as hand and he wasnt in a good position with the king, then Rhaegar and Elia had twins and it just never seemed like a good time. But Tywin wanted her more than he wanted anyone else.

He loved her every inch of her, mind body soul he loved her completely and he got to choose her. If he played his cards right, he could have Avalon forever. She kissed him again before she grabbed a glass of wine. Tyrion reached up trying and failing at reaching the counter.

Avalon was right, Tyrion got to be her little boy forever. She picked him back up and he liked being this tall. He liked when he got to ride on her shoulders and see the world from his fathers height, Avalon never made him feel little.