46.

I watched the silhouettes move swiftly in the dance floor under the pink and blue lights. The club was pretty packed and Gustav and I conversed by our table while the rest of the group was dancing to the techno music.

"So... enough with the work talk." My friend grinned. "How was your date with Tom ?"

I rolled my eyes, sipping from my beer. "It was good. We're together now and it's kind of freaking me out but I'm doing okay."

"Yeah, you two seem happier anyways." Gustav glanced at Tom who was dancing with his twin. "I like this new Tom. Ever since he saw you again, we knew there was something happening. Five years ago, when you two stopped talking, he was inconsolable. He was crying all the time and, first, he was trying to hide it from me and Georg but we understood pretty quickly. I'm happy he's alright now."

"Yeah, I know. I'm feeling good about this-" My phone started ringing, putting a stop to our conversation. I excused myself and left the table, marching towards a quieter area.

"Hello ?"

"Hi ! Mars Allen, right ?" A familiar voice boomed. "This is Alexandra. Your lawyer."

"Oh hey ! How are you doing ?"

"I'm okay. I studied your file and came to a conclusion. Our hourly fee attorneys charge about 50 euros or more. I examined how much it would take me to get this all figured out and it'll be at least nine hundred euros."

My body stiffened at the cost but I just sighed it out. "Alright, I'll... I'll deal with this."

"Are you open to meeting me for more a specific talk ?" She asked.

"Yes, I... When ?"

"Are you free tomorrow?"

I blinked in surprise. "Tomorrow ? I'm actually-"

"We'll dine at The Peachy Night if you want. I can pick you up then drive you home, how about that ?"

"Oh..." I marked a pause in thought. "Alright."

"Great, I will call you tomorrow. Have a good night, dear."

"Good night." I breathed out.

Gosh, nine hundred ? That's a lot and I don't even know if freeing Arlo is that worth it.

"Hey, Mars." Tom appeared behind me. "Are you okay ?"

"Yeah." I sighed, putting my phone away. "Just some lawyer talk."

"Is everything okay ?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I smiled widely, trying to come off as unbothered as one could be. I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked up to him through my eyelashes. "I'm okay. I promise."

He beamed softly. "Do you want to get out of here ?"

I bit my lip in hesitation. "No, come on. Let's hang out with the guys." I grabbed his hand, attempting to pull him towards our table.

"Georg is going home. Bill and Gus are planning to have a little afterparty at the studio with some friends. Do you want to go with them or should we just ditch them and hang out ?" He asked and I pouted in thought.

"You want to come to my place ? We can order sushi and just chill. I work tomorrow."

"Alright." He nodded, pecking my lips then guiding me towards the boys.

Bill and Georg were chatting with the waiter while Gustav was grabbing his things. The drummer bid us goodbye before he left.

"Mars and I are going home. See you later !" Tom waved at the duo and I hugged them before following my boyfriend out.