37.

POV Mars

POV Mars

As the sun's rays gradually infiltrated through the slits of the blinds, the room began to be illuminated with a soft glow. Lying in bed, I groaned, my head pounding like a drum set on full blast.

With bleary eyes and a dry mouth, I gingerly raised myself into a sitting position. The world seemed to spin around me, as if I was on a turbulent roller coaster. I winced as I recalled the party of last night.

I stretched my arms yawning and was about to leave my bed when soft almost inaudible snoring made me gasp. My head shot in its direction.

Tom was sleeping beside me with no shirt on and the lower part of his body under the covers.

I inhaled slowly, my eyes wide in shock. Grabbing the yellow blanket, I discreetly tried peeking under it, to see if he was completely naked or not.

"We didn't fuck, Mars." The low raspy voice of the man next to me resounded. It was muffled by the pillow on his face.

I sighed in relief, getting up from the bed. "What are you doing here then ? With no shirt on ?" I massaged my temples to calm the unbearable headache taking over my senses. I was trying to remember last night's events but about a few minutes after Tom joined us, it was a complete blank.

"You don't remember ?" He furrowed his eyebrows but, when he saw my confused expression, he concluded that I didn't. He rolled his eyes, sitting up on the bed.

"We hung out til' about one or two in he morning. Then I drove you home." He yawned loudly and I kept standing there, with pyjama shorts and a black hoodie, waiting for him to continue. "You wanted to see my arm tattoo so I took my shirt off. After that, we just conversed until you drifted off to sleep."

I nodded slowly. "Okay, soo... Nothing weird ?"

"Nothing weird." He smiled and I sighed.

My eyes darted around my apartment and I couldn't help but feel ashamed of its state. Clothes, tequila shots, books, drumsticks, empty beer cans and makeup was scattered everywhere on the floor and I didn't want him to see the mess in my home.

"I'm sorry for the mess, I just didn't expect to have someone come into my apartment."

"It's okay." He looked around with a grin. "I like it. It's cosy."

I couldn't help the smile curling up my lips. "Do you want coffee ?"

His grin widened. "I would LOVE coffee."

I made my way to the kitchenette and prepared the drinks while Tom just sat on the bed, with my cat laying on his crossed legs.

"Her name's Vodka." I stated and the man looked up to meet my amused gaze.

"No way !"

"Yeah !" I giggled. "It was that or Toulouse. You know, the cat from the Disney movie."

"The orange one ?"