32.

Tom's pov

"Stop chewing on your nails !" Bill slapped my hand down and I hissed at his painful hit.

"Leave me the fuck alone !" I glared at him and he rolled his eyes.

We were sitting down in the lounge area of our studio where couches and a mini bar were placed. I was smoking my cigarette frustratedly while Bill was working on the computer beside me.

"Did you notice how skinny she got ? And she looked so fucking tired too, it's crazy." I breathed out.

"We're all tired, Tom. Quit thinking about it. I missed Mars, you know. You better stop talking about her because you're the reason we stopped talking to her in the first place." He snickered.

I shook my head with a sigh. "I was a kid, Bill. She broke my heart. The only thing I could do to forget about her was not seeing her again."

"Yeah, yeah..." My brother pursed his lips. "It still sucks though. And yes, I noticed how skinny she got."

"Do you think we should worry about it ?" I looked at him with pleading eyes.

"I think we should stop trying to fix Mars's life. We tried before and then we ended up ghosting her." Bill looked down in shame. "We gave up on her, Tom, and I don't think I can handle the guilt again five years later."

"Do you think her father is still a problem ?" I questioned.

"She's twenty-four. She's probably out of her house. I'm not sure but it's not our business. I don't think she wants us in her life anymore, didn't you see how distant she acted last night ? We hadn't seen her in years and that's how our reunion looked like. It's fucking depressing."

"And do you think-"

"I don't think anything, Tom. I told you to just forget about it." Bill cut me off, slapping his computer off. "We're no longer Mars's friends and we have to accept that. She's angry with us and has every right to be."

He placed his computer on the table and stood up, walking to the kitchenette. While making coffee, he spoke. "Georg will be here any minute, can you please clean up the studio a little bit?"

I groaned, throwing my head back. "Alright..."

☆ . ° .• °:.*₊° .☆  ☆ . ° .• °:.*₊° .☆

I stared at the texts with a lump in my throat

I stared at the texts with a lump in my throat. It has been almost three hours since I've messaged Mars and she was still a no-show.

The boys were all drinking beer and laughing on the couches while I was sitting back, Chrissy under my arm as she chatted with the rest of us.

"What are you looking at ?" She turned to me curiously, resting her chin on my chest as she eyed my phone.

I turned it off, placing it by my side with a sigh. "It's nothing. Just work."

"Oh..." She pouted. "Come on, do you want to go to your room ?"

Bill and I had rented an apartment right above our studio so it would be more efficient for us to work next door.

"I'm not really in the mood."

"What's wrong ?" She straightened up with puppy eyes.

"Nothing, Chrissy." I roared. "Get off my back, for fuck's sakes."

She furrowed her eyebrows but shifted in her seat, away from me. I sat up, resting my elbows on my knees as I took a large sip from my beer.

"...and what do you think, Tom ?" Bill turned to me and I just wiggled my eyebrows carelessly.

"I don't really give a fuck. I wasn't listening to you guys and I don't feel like talking about work right now." I stook up. "I'm almost out of cigarettes. I'm going to head out for a few minutes."

Gustav frowned. "Tom, we-"

"I'll be right back." I left the studio, bobbing down the stairs of our apartment building. Walking out of the edifice, I took a deep breath, my eyes darting around the dark street before me.

I was walking towards my car when a soft voice stopped me in my tracks. "Tom?"

I turned around and my eyes were met with those familiar blue orbs looking up at me. "Mars, hi."

"I finished early. Just thought I might pass by to say hello." She spoke, looking down at her feet.

"I was going to buy some cigs, want to join me ?" I pointed at my car a few meters down and she acquiesced.

We drove around until we found a nice smoke shop and I bought what I needed.

When we finally arrived, we both walked up the stairs to the studio.

"Mars !" Bill shot up from his seat and ran up to hug the girl.

"What a nice surprise !" Georg exclaimed.

"Yeah, Tom told me I should come by and I just thought I would." She shrugged her shoulders lightly as she looked at me with a small smile.

Bill grinned at me. "Thank you, Tommy ! You're not that big of an asshole after all."

They laughed and we all sat in the lounge area.

"I love your new hair by the way." Mars smiled, as she rested her hand on Bill's thigh.

"Thank you ! I've tried thousands of hairstyles before this but I think the blonde is for me !" He giggled.

"Yeah, it is !" She exclaimed.

I was watching them interact when Chrissy tapped my shoulder lightly. "What's going on with you ? You frown at me and you leave then you come back with a random bitch ?!"

My face darkened. "Fuck off, Chrissy. You're the one acting bitchy right now, so how about you just fuck right off ? I was just going to buy some cigarettes and then we bumped into each other."

"She said you asked her to come." She pursed her lips.

"Yeah, I did. What the fuck does that have to do with anything ?"

"It does with the fact that you're acting like a piece of shit right now." She spat and I rolled my eyes.

"Go home, Chrissy." I looked away from her and she stared at me for a bit before aggressively grabbing her stuff and leaving.

The rest of the band, and Mars, watched our interaction with parted lips. When Chrissy finally closed the front door behind her, they all turned to me, asking for a reason as to why all of this happened.

"I don't know." I brushed a hand through my hair, redoing my bun. "She's just too clingy."

They nodded slowly, no one convinced with my answer, but they continued talking nonetheless.