notes

genre: fluff

summary: jisung leaves notes in minho's locker everyday

DISCLAIMER: all the poems and notes are from a book called 'Pillow Thoughts' by Courtney Peppernell. i do not own any of them.

i open my locker to put my books away when a piece of paper falls out. i pick it up. it's folded and the paper is checked like you'd get in a maths notebook. i unfold it carefully.

it's a neat, handwritten note.

but what else am i supposed to do

when your hair is soft and your eyes are brown*?

and my heart turns over at the sound of your name

only you smile at me the way friends usually do.

i am more of a mess than a rainy day

because you have no idea i feel this way.

confused, i look around.

the note is bittersweet, yet i smile. knowing that someone likes me. it's comforting. i want to know who this person is.

i fold the note back up and put it in my pocket.

(*in the original poem, the colour is blue.)

~+*+~

here i am again the next day, at the end of school, reading another note that fell out my locker.

your heart is the sun and its gravity

pulls me closer to you each day.

but the sun destroys all that it touches;

at least that's what they say.

i smile like an idiot yet again, looking around to see if i can spot who it is but again, no one looks suspicious. jisung is sitting on the floor reading and, oh my god, he looks so small and adorable, i want to gather him in my arms and kiss the life out of him. his hoodie is too big and he has slight sweater paws. i'm going to die right here.

i hope he wrote these, otherwise i hope this person never identifies themself. i don't have the heart to tell them my love is reserved for someone else.

~+*+~

often i wonder

what it may take for someone's heart to grow cold

and i think perhaps the reason is because

their heart was left out in the rain.

and so on rainy days i struggle

because i still don't know how to convince you

that i will be outside in the storm

with an umbrella just big enough

to cover your heart.

this specific poem touched me because it does feel like my heart has been left in the rain from past relationships.
i fold it up and put it in my pocket again, noting to put it in the jar when i get home.

i attempt, with false hope, again, to scope out who might be my secret admirer but again, it's only jisung here with me. i always wondered why he sits by his locker, alone, reading. the library is free and a lot more comfortable. he should sit there.

but i appreciate it slightly, because i get to see his face before i go home.

~+*+~

the note is never here in the morning, so poor me has to wait until school is over to get my daily dose of happiness. the excitement before it is the only thing getting me through the days recently.