Chapter 16: Minor setback

Y/N POV

After practice, I took Kali home... and... the payment she offered was... let's be real, I'm down bad, but she's really DOWN BAD!!!

Kali: I can pay you something if you want, like... I don't have any money but like...

She starts rubbing my inner thigh. 

Y/N: We're boyfriend and girlfriend girl, you don't have to pay me for a ride. 

Kali: But... what if I wanted a different type of ride? 

Y/N: Not in the truck... plus I need to focus for Friday... I can't have you on my mind...

Kali: Then just let me take your mind off me with this, before I start... getting lonely...

Y/N: Don't do me like that, please... I love you Akali it's just not the right time... please... I love you...

I put my hand on her cheek, and she takes my hand and smirks, sighing a little. 

Kali: Alright... okay... win that game and then take me as your trophy... 

Y/N: It's regional champions, it's our last game.

Kali: I'll be in the stands, where is it? 

Y/N: It's equidistant, so we might be at the Zaun field. 

Kali: Okay... maybe not, is it on TV?

Y/N: Yep!

Kali: Then I'll be watching... me and the girls will have a sleepover for you.

She gets out of the car, heading inside her house after snagging a kiss from me. 

The rest of this week was a blur, awaiting the game. 

GAME TIME!

I put my helmet on in the locker room, joining Ekko at the door. 

Ekko: You ready?

Y/N: Ready as I'll ever be...

Braum: Good, because this it, fellas...

He slams both of his hands down on either of our shoulders. 

Udyr: Rightfully so, Icathia Prep means business... a thorn in our backs for years... these kids have scholarships to Noxus and shit, but you're still better. 

Braum: You have Freljordian techniques ingrained in your brain, plays that will outsmart them. 

Udyr: You run faster than their backers, no slowing down, we need all or nothing on this. 

Braum: After this game, no more practice, no more off-season lifting, this is it for you guys, so finish it. 

Udyr: That's right.

TIMESKIP!

Announcer: Touch down! Piltover High!

Dad in the distance: THAT'S MY BOY!!! FUCKING HIT SOMEBODY!!!

*LOUD CHEERING!*

The cheering, the audience focus... it's getting to me... deep breaths...

While the defense is on, I'll calm down a bit. 

I run off the field and take my helmet off to snag a seat on the bench. 

Braum: Good run out there, boy! 

Y/N: Thanks... *pant pant* 

I'm hyperventilating almost... shit it's bad...

Shen: Easy there... easy... you seem like you're about to pass out, you alright?