Chapter 2: Feet ball

Y/N POV

I wake up in the morning after a long night of bickering with dad. 

I already told him I was going to try out, why did he need to be all up in my case?

So, here I am, taking my hand-me-down car from Swain all the way to tryouts. 

My beautiful, sexy, slightly rusty, 2000 Nissan Frontier, crew cab. 

Yep, it's a truck, a Japanese truck, and I'm proud of it. 

This guy has been through hell in back. 

My son, my magnum opus. 

At the stop light, I pull out my phone to look at some texts. 

Ekko: r u cum

Y/N: ye i m

Ekko: kk

Y/N: k

Put my phone back in my pocket, until I hear it ring. 

Y/N: Yo. 

Dad: Boy! Are you heading to tryouts? 

Y/N: Yes, dad, I'm going.... just relax, I don't know what you expect me to do? 

Dad: That's the problem... I don't know what to expect...

Y/N: You've been raising me for eighteen years, and yet you still don't know what to expect? 

Dad: Boy... you know I love you, and I'm only making you do this because I don't want you to do nothing with your youth! Don't be like me and put all of it into military... put it into everything...

Y/N: Thats... alright... okay... I'll remember this talk, dad, thanks. 

He hangs up, then I hang up. 

I pull into the school parking lot adjacent to the field. 

I see kids putting their cleats on, luckily I came prepared with some of my own. 

I sit down, putting my cleats on in the corner, making sure my water bottle is in a secure place. 

Ekko pulls up, wearing a jersey that tells us that he's part of the time. 

Ekko: Damn, fancy seeing you here, bruh! 

Y/N: What's up...

He grabs my hand and pulls me into a quick hug. 

Ekko: You ready? 

Y/N: Ready for what? 

Ekko: Tryouts! I mean, Garen and I are already set, it's up to you to look good to coach Braum. He's all about brute strength, so when we get to the live action drills, I'll let you know what's up. 

Y/N: Fair. 

Ekko: As for the rest of you! And you too, Y/N, actually. WELCOME TO PILTOVIAN FOOTBALL!!! This isn't soccer, this is how Piltover does it! We wear the pads because we play ball, we don't roll around... we use our hands, we use our heads... get your cleats on, grab a jersey, be grateful I'm telling you this so that Braum don't have to! 

He should take a leadership course or something, bro could be a poltician...

I grab one of the mesh practice jerseys and a pair of shoulder pads. 

Jersey goes on the shoulder pads... like... so...

Y/N: Egh... god... damn... this is tight. 

Trainer: Yep, that's because these straps, right back here, are wound up, here let me help you with that.