Chapter 15: On Halloween night...

Y/N POV

Kali: It was a dark and stormy night... lightning scattered about... <demons... flourished in the pitch blackness.> 

Kali clears her throat, resisting the laugh. 

It's Halloween night, we ended up doing my bedsheet ghost idea, and I'm about to scare her poor baby cousins. 

I gotta hold it till my cue...

Kali: BOOM! And there it was... the leader of them all, the golden demon... 

The kids begin to shiver in fear. 

Kali: Some say, he still looks for his little leaf till this day... will he ever find her? What will he do with her? Cherish her... or... consume her... the world may never know...

Cousin: T-that's not that scary...

Other cousin: Yeah... 

Kali: Is it not? Hmmm... *clears throat* 

*DOORSLAM!*

Y/N: RAAAAAAH!!!

*COUSINS SCREAMING! THUD! LAUGH!*

I jumped out of the closet, screaming and flailing my arms under her gold bedsheet, then I stepped on it, falling forward in between them. 

I pull the bedsheet off giggling with the rest of them, Kali and I then get that look...

You know that one...

That one I had with Sera...

The limited light and her beautiful brown eyes are just perfect. 

Her rosy-hair, that she let loose for me to see.

I love her hair, it's beautiful, so is the ponytail she uses. 

Her mask is gone, so I get to see her whole face... and it is... PRISTINE!

She looks down a little, studying my face, then looks back in my eyes with a little smirk, blushing starting to form.

Me? I'm a hot mess, blushing too much. 

Not in front of the kids...

Who's gonna speak first? 

Kali's Guardian: AKALI!!! KIDS ARE OUT AND ABOUT!!!

Kali: Oh, right, okay guys, get your costumes on! 

Both of them are superheroes, of course. 

Kids are just adorable, like actually.

Someday I'll have kids of my own, but definitely not for a loooooooooooong time. 

While the kids run into the guest room to get their stuff for trick-or-treating, the super-fast Kali takes advantage of the opportunity. 

She grabs me by the shirt, pinning me to the wall, then presses herself up against me. 

I would be nervous, I would be uncomfortable, but... I kind of wanted this...

Kali smirks at me again, heavily breathing. 

The coolness of her breath as she studies my face. 

I study those eyes, what are they thinking right now? 

Kali: <Who's making the first move?> Huh? 

Y/N: <Myself.>

Kali: Doubt- mmph... mmm...

I'm kissing her in the hallway, then she tugs on me. 

Her lips taste like... lips. 

When she tugs on me, she sends me into the closet.