Chapter 66

Audrey glanced back at Rafe and Josh. Rafe was practically dragging Josh to her balcony. Josh could barely stand, his face was covered with blood. Rafe was still fuming.

She nodded softly. Nathan went quickly over to her balcony and locked it, ensuring that Josh wouldn't get back in as Nathan tried to pack up some of Audrey's things.

She sat on her bed, her mind still fuzzy, but her eyes were closed as she did some deep breathing, trying to keep herself calm.

Nathan eventually touched her shoulder and she saw that he was carrying one of her overnight bags, he carefully led her through her house and to his car. Once they were inside, he locked it about four times.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he started the car and backed out.

"Yeah." She whispered. "Where are we going?"

"I don't know." He shook his head. "You shouldn't be at home. Josh can see right through your window."

She nodded and slumped in her seat, her clothes were bothering her. She wanted to take a shower. She wanted to wash Josh off.

But Nathan pulled out his phone, typing some things in and putting it to his ear, waiting patiently as it rang.

"Hey," he uttered and looked over at Audrey. "Yeah, I got her. She's fine." He explained to his phone. "I don't know. We're just driving." He waited. "Maybe. Okay, yeah. Yes, I have some clothes. I just grabbed random shit I don't know." He huffed. "Good idea." He nodded and paused for a while. "Okay. Where is he?" He asked and let out a breath when he got the answer. "Perfect. Do we call someone? I don't even know—" he waited another while. "Yeah, I'll talk to her. Okay. I'll bring her there. Okay. Bye."

"Where are we going?" Audrey asked softly.

"Rafe suggested going to a hotel." Nathan looked over at her. "Does that sound fine?"

She shrugged. "Yeah."

Nathan nodded eagerly and they drove another twenty or so minutes before they got to a hotel.

He helped her out of the car and spoke to the concierge. Nathan handed him his fathers credit card and his ID, then he brought Audrey up to the room.

There were two beds, a small kitchen towards the front, and a decent sized bathroom.

She sat down on the bed and ran her hands through her hair, letting them rest on her shoulders as Nathan talked on the phone again for a while.

She contemplated showering. She really wanted to get Josh's smell off, but she had no energy. She opened up the bag Nathan brought for her and actually let out a laugh.

He only packed sundresses and long jeans. No underwear, no comfortable sleep clothes, nothing. But it's the thought that counts.

Nathan eventually got off the phone, sitting on the bed opposite her, not exactly sure what to say.

"Should I tell mom?" He asked.

She shrugged. "I don't want people to find out about this."

"Yeah, but he should be fired." Nathan explained seriously. "Do you want Josh still showing up at our house all the time?"

She shook her head and looked to the side.

"Then we'll tell her casually." Nathan said softly. "When you're ready."

A series of knocks came on the door and her eyes widened with worry.

"It's okay." Nathan assured her. "Whoever it is, I'll tell them to go away."