Chapter 61

Audrey hobbled down the stairs to get some Advil the second she woke up.

She was starving. Her head was pounding. She popped blood vessels around her face from all the dry heaving.

She rubbed her eyes as she stepped into her kitchen. She heard people stand up in her living room.

"I was so worried." She heard and she turned around with an angry look. "Are you feeling okay?"

Audrey stared at Josh with disbelief. She wasn't totally sure what happened, but she knew that Rafe was there.

She didn't respond to Josh, only pulled out her phone and called Rafe.

He answered after the first ring.

"Are you okay?" He asked immediately.

"Can you tell me what happened last night?" She said as she stepped away from Josh.

"You drank too much." Rafe explained. "You threw up and passed out."

"And where was Josh during all of this?"

Josh rolled his eyes and rubbed his face.

"Uh..." Rafe hesitated. "I'm sorry, Audrey." He sighed. "He said you were too much to handle. Your brother told him to leave."

"Mhm." She nodded as she stared at Josh. He was shaking his head. "So why aren't you here right now? And why is he?"

"I didn't think you'd want to see me when you woke up." Rafe explained.

She took some deep breaths and stared at Josh as her phone was pressed to her ear.

"Had Josh been drinking?"

She heard Rafe sigh. "I didn't see him have any." Rafe said softly. "And he looked sober."

"Perfect. Thanks." She said and hung up. "Josh, we can talk about this later. I want you to leave."

"Audrey—" he started to follow after her up the stairs.

"No."

"Audrey." He said and grabbed her waist.

She pushed his hands off.

He looked at her with some disgust. He shoved her backwards by her shoulders.

Her back hit the wall and she shook her head.

"Get out."

"Audrey—"

"Fuck off."

Nathan came up and grabbed Josh's shoulders, pulling him away.

"She'll talk to you when she wants to." Nathan insisted. "Give her some space." He explained as he walked him out.

Audrey groaned and rubbed her eyes. She never wanted this whole thing to happen. She never wanted Josh. This whole time. It's never been Josh.

Rafe Cameron

Is he gone?

Yes

Good
It should stay that way

Yeah you'd like that wouldn't you

No
For your own wellbeing

Mhm

Are you busy today

That depends