Chapter 56

"Audrey, hold on." Rafe said irritably as she walked out of his grasp. "You can't expect me to just move on."

"You can't expect me to just forgive you, Rafe." She replied, pushing him off. She was walking towards the parking lot, Sarah following along. "Fuck, you look like shit."

He really did. Well, he looked amazing as always. But his eyes were half closed, he was sweating and his hair was greasy.

"Thanks." He replied, walking quickly behind her. "You asked me to never leave you again, now you're leaving me, Aud."

She turned quickly and his momentum didn't stop in time, he knocked into her chest. "What the fuck are you talking about? I'm leaving you?" She asked with exasperation. "No, I broke up with you."

"Yeah, but you didn't have to." He said sadly as she got in the car, slamming the door in his face. He tried to open it but she locked it too quickly.

"And you didn't have to cheat." She replied through the window. "Let's go." She said to Sarah, who'd started her car.

"Audrey, I wasn't in the right mindset. You have to understand." He put his hands on the window, starting to follow along as they slowly pulled out of the parking spot.

Audrey kept shaking her head, trying to get him to stop talking to her. But he kept going.

"I was more coked out than I am right now." He tapped the window, picking up speed. "Audrey."

She rolled down the window to tell him to go home, but he yelled instead.

"Audrey, please don't leave, okay?" He cried out.

"Stop the car." She said to Sarah, who braked quickly and Audrey jumped out.

"Aud, I just..." he said with stress, his palms pressed into his eyes, "I need you in my life. You're my stability."

"Then how come you fucked her like it was the easiest decision in the world?" She yelled and pushed him off of her again. "You need to get it together, Rafe." Audrey snapped. "I know you're going through a hard time. I know you're struggling. And... I don't know how to help." She admitted and he let out a sigh. "But you can't keep bugging me. It won't help either of us move on."

"We're not going to move on, Audrey." He shook his head irritably. "This is it." He gestured to the both of them.

She laughed angrily. "What do you mean 'this is it'?" She yelled. "We were together for four months—"

"You have to admit those four months were some of the best of your life—"

"Stop." She said seriously. She waited, her angry expression making him take a step back from her. "I don't care how good they were." She explained irritably. "You fucked up."

He let his head hang down and his breath came in a cry, thank god it was dark out. Seeing his sad face was never good for Audrey's confidence.

"But, Audrey," he shrugged and looked around, licking his lips, "don't we love each other? Don't we..." he sighed and let his sentence trail away.

"You should've thought about that before you slept with Sofia." She sassed, opening the car door again.

"This isn't fair, Audrey." He said softly before she climbed in.

"It's not fair?" She clarified, turning around to face him. "You think I'm being unfair? Tough shit, Rafe." She said angrily.

"I would've forgiven you if the roles were reversed." He explained. "That's how it's unfair."