*Chapter 46

A/N: content warning 😋

- - -

The following week was pretty dreadful... Audrey found herself consistently reaching for her vibrator, but stopping herself. It wouldn't be as good as Rafe.

She spent a fair amount of time with Kelce and Sarah. Sarah and Topper were having more problems again... so Topper spent a lot of time by himself.

Nathan left for school... he was at a small college in North Carolina for his sophomore year... and he tended to visit a lot since it was so close to home.

Audrey and Rafe barely called or even really texted. He had gotten really busy with meetings and signings... he'd reach the hotel every night by 10, and she was usually in bed by then. But he'd always call to tell her he was thinking of her, even if it was in a voicemail.

It was September 4th, Rafe was coming back the day later, and Audrey was sitting in her kitchen, eating some cereal.

Sarah and the Pogues had started school the week earlier, so everything was falling back into old routines of less parties and more studying. But with Audrey taking a gap year and Rafe, Kelce and Topper being college dropouts, that meant they had plenty of time to be together.

Sarah Cam

Do you remember how to graph with slope or whatever

Yeah?
Did you forget lmao

Wheezie is learning it and idk wtf this stuff means
Can you come help her
Usually Rafe helps her with schoolwork

Ofc

- - -

"Oh, I get it." Audrey nodded after and while and passed the worksheet back to Wheezie. "Basically they're teaching it in a totally bullshit way, but whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Bullshit." Wheezie giggled and looked down at her paper.

"Okay, so 'm' represents slope." She pointed.

She spent the next hour or so helping Wheezie walk through her worksheet when they eventually moved on to her writing assignment.

She eventually went into the kitchen to start to make them some lunch, when she heard voices and the front door shutting.

She grabbed the sandwiches and quietly walked out of the kitchen and into the dining room, where she and Wheezie were previously working, and she saw Rafe standing above Wheezie, looking at her homework.

He was wearing jeans and a black shirt that was tight around the arms, making Audrey bite her lip.

"Rafe?" Audrey questioned and he turned around.

"Aud," he set his bags down as she walked over and put the plates on the table. "What're you doing here?" He wrapped her in a hug.

"I was helping Wheezie with her homework." She explained softly. "What are you doing here?"

"We caught an earlier ferry." He explained and pulled back. "I was going to surprise you."

"Well, I'm still surprised, how was your trip?" She asked and glanced over at Wheezie quickly, who was on her phone. She took the opportunity to quickly kiss him.

"Boring. Draining." He sighed. "I hate being away from you." He shook his head irritably. "It's awful."

"It was hard on me, too." She agreed.

He nodded and glanced back at his sister, keeping his mouth shut about what he wanted to say. "You know what I need?"

She raised her eyebrows and looked down at his pants.