Chapter 26

"Did you two fuck?" Sarah practically yelled.

"Sh!" Audrey hushed and walked Sarah backwards into her room. Sarah started pacing back and forth with her hands to her head.

"Oh my god. Oh my god." She kept repeating. "This is why you two were hugging last night?" She scoffed. "And I'm not crazy... you were kissing up at the top deck. Oh my god."

Rafe leaned against the wall, his sex appeal still just as apparent as it was earlier. His arms were crossed as he listened with an annoyed expression on his face.

Sarah scowled at her brother. "You little..." she spoke through her teeth. "My best friend? Really, Rafe?" She groaned.

Rafe rolled his eyes but didn't respond.

"Sarah, I know that you're upset right now-"

"Upset?" She scoffed. "Audrey, I don't care that much... but I'm just shocked you went for him in the first place." She insisted. "I mean, oh my god." She sat at the edge of her bed and breathed deeply. "Is he even your type? I thought you liked guys like JJ and Daniel. You know... sweet guys." Her chest heaved. "Rafe's a dick."

Audrey sat beside her and wrapped her into a hug.

"I thought you said you'd drop dead before you got with my brother." Sarah groaned and put her head in her hands.

Audrey looked over at Rafe who was pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Can you relax, Sarah?" He asked. "It's not a big deal."

"How long has this been going on?" Sarah asked the two of them.

Audrey looked at Rafe apologetically. "Since midsummer."

Sarah's mouth fell open and she put a hand over her mouth. "Ew. Ew. Ew." She repeated and stood back up, walking back and forth across her room. "He's the mystery midsummer guy?" She yelled and pointed at her brother. "He's the best sex you've ever had- oh my god. I'm going to throw up." She put her hand to her stomach. "This is so gross."

Audrey couldn't help but laugh a little. "I told you to not ask so many questions about that night." Audrey tilted her head to the side.

"I just figured it was JJ. Or Daniel. Even Josh. But Rafe? Holy shit." She took some deep breaths and then realized, "Does Nathan know?" She spoke quieter.

Audrey shook her head. "No. He can't find out." She said seriously.

"Why?"

"He said he'd kill me." Rafe rolled his eyes. "Which is such bullshit because we all know I'd kill him first."

"But we could actually use your help right now." Audrey said seriously. "Nathan's looking for me, but I was of course with Rafe, so we need your help sneaking me into the basement."

Sarah closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She walked to her closet and pulled out a sundress. "Wear this. They'll think it's suspicious if you're wearing the same thing as last night. Oh my god I can't believe I'm helping my brother right now." Rafe rolled his eyes. "If you ever hurt her..." Sarah ordered and Rafe raised his eyebrows, "you'll have me to deal with. And Nathan. And Topper. And the pogues."

Rafe shook his head. "I'm not going to hurt her."

Sarah raised her hands in surrender. "I'm just saying." Audrey started to take off her dress and Sarah said to Rafe, "Leave."

"Sarah, I've seen her naked-"

"I'm not talking about that." She ordered him and he snarled at her. "If they see you come down with us they'll think it's weird. Go." She said seriously.