Chapter 48

When Audrey opened her eyes and saw her boyfriend sleeping comfortably, his face pressed into the pillow as he snored lightly, she smiled to herself.

Everything from the night before came back, and she would've been upset about everything with JJ, but it led to Audrey and Rafe finally sharing how they really felt.

She carefully pulled her phone off the night stand and snapped a photo of Rafe because he just looked so cute.

But as she laid back down and wrapped herself in him, he began to stir.

"Mm." He groaned and lifted up his arm, like he was inviting her closer to him, which she happily accepted. "Good morning, baby." He mumbled.

"Good morning." She sighed into his chest and felt herself grow tired again. But her phone buzzed many times...

Sarah and Kelce were asking her to get breakfast downtown... she groaned and ignored the texts, but they kept coming in.

She hummed and spoke, "Sarah and Kelce are asking to get breakfast."

"Let's go." He replied lazily and kept his eyes closed.

"Then we actually have to get up, you know?" She whispered and his lips spread to a smile and he hummed, pulling her waist closer. Her phone buzzed a couple more times. "They also want to go surfing."

"Oh, fuck no, never mind." He mumbled.

"What? You used to love surfing?" She lifted her head and rested up on her elbow.

"Yeah until I sliced my whole leg open." He grinned and opened his eyes. "Me and my board haven't gotten along since."

"When did this happen?" She asked skeptically.

He thought for a second and rubbed his eyes. "February."

"Seriously?" She asked and sat up completely, pulling the blankets completely off of him, which made him flinch and groan.

But sure enough, there was a fairly decently sized scar on his calf.

"Oh my god." She gasped as she saw the scar. "You weren't kidding."

"I know." He groaned as he sat up and turned to the side of her bed, throwing a t-shirt on.

She went quickly to her closet and thoughtfully looked through it for a couple of minutes so she could choose something to wear.

Rafe waited until she got dressed before he spoke again.

"You can go surfing, but I'm just going to watch." He ran his hand through his messy hair.

"You won't even go once?" She teased.

"Nope." He shook his head. "But I'll happily watch you."

"Rafe—"

"I'm not surfing." He shook his head.

"Please?" She looked up at him innocently.

He narrowed his eyes. "That's not working on me." He said proudly. "Besides, I haven't gone in so long I'll probably suck more than you do."

"Fine." She turned on her heel and grabbed her car keys where she left them on her desk and tossed them to him. "You're driving then."

"Whatever you say."

- - -

Sarah Cam

Not that it should matter
But Kie and JJ and Pope are here
Fyi

Fr?

Audrey and Rafe had just pulled into the parking lot of the breakfast place and were just about to get out of her car, but Audrey stopped herself.