Chapter 5

Audrey felt much better the next day, and even better the day after. She hadn't seen any pogue friends since the beach party.

Her family was stuck on the mainland. Roads were closed and so was the Ferry, and wasn't expected to open for another day or so. The Cameron's were perfectly fine with her staying a couple extra nights. They worked all of the time anyway, they barely noticed she was there.

She hadn't seen much of anybody except Sarah, Wheezie, and Rose occasionally, but that was okay. She liked having some alone time.

The rest of that day and through the next flew by quickly. She binged a whole season of Too Hot To Handle with Sarah, went shopping downtown by herself, and stopped by at her own house to unpack and repack her overnight bag, and refill her cat's food bowl and clean the litter box.

She needed to run errands for a party that was happening at Topper's friends house, specifically a new sexy bathing suit. She needed a rebound. If JJ could get one, so could she.

She brought Sarah with her to probably thirty different stores, trying on bathing suits and lingerie sets. By the time they reached their eleventh store, they felt like zombies.

"I still don't understand what's wrong with the green." Sarah groaned, watching Audrey twirl around in a purple bathing suit, one that barely even hid her nipples and went right up her ass.

"It was too green." She explained.

"I don't even know what that means." Sarah complained.

"Maybe I should try the floral again." Audrey thought, staring at her curves in the mirror.

"Oh, yeah, great idea! Then by the time you actually pick out a bathing suit the party will be over!" She said sarcastically, dipping out of the dressing room area to do god knows what.

Audrey watched herself twirl in the mirror. Maybe she didn't need a new sexy bathing suit. Maybe she had enough at home? Shit, if she said that to Sarah her neck would be snapped immediately.

"Hello, hotness!" A familiar voice came behind her. She turned away from the mirror and saw her old school friend, Gabby, standing in the doorway, also ready to try on bathing suits.

Audrey posed jokingly, pretending to eat up the compliments being thrown at her.

"Seriously, what do you need a swimsuit like that for? You'll end up in one of those clothing fail videos."

"That's exactly what I said." Sarah said, walking around Gabby and holding up a new swimsuit to Audrey.

"Oo." Audrey marveled at it. It was the prettiest color and would make her look good in a sexy, but not flashy way, and when she put it on, it was just what she thought.

"Holy hotness part two." Gabby said, having just tried on a suit of her own, the pair of them staring at themselves in the mirror.

"Okay, Audrey, if you don't buy that one, I'm leaving. I've had enough." Sarah said seriously. "I will buy it for you just please, god, let me go home."

"I'm sensing some hostility coming from you." Audrey said sarcastically, disappearing into a room to change back into her regular clothes.

"Really? Are you?" Sarah fired.

They finished up and paid, saying goodbye to Gabby, and making it home in time to get ready.

Audrey covered the swimsuit with a comfortable sundress. She knew that Tyler had a nice pool and wanted to be prepared in case anyone would be swimming. She also decided on bringing another change of clothes to leave in Kelce's car, just in case.