*Chapter 18

A/N: Content warning

- - -

Rafe and Nathan came back over to the high top table carrying three drinks each.

"You sure this is okay?" Sarah asked, grabbing a drink from her brother and beginning to sip it.

"We've been coming here since we were sixteen." Nathan replied, sliding a drink to Audrey. "They don't cut you off here either. They fly completely under the radar."

"Oh god, I'm going to black out, aren't I?" Sarah laughed, downing her drink.

She did just that.

"Babe, oh my god." Topper complained, pulling Sarah out of the patch of bushes. They all tried to go slow with their drinks, especially Audrey, after Rafe called her a drunk. But of course, Sarah had too much too fast. "Audrey?"

Back at the bar, before they left and before Sarah was wasted, Audrey and her had a long chat that consisted of Sarah asking too many questions about Audrey's midsummer man. Audrey tried her best to deflect the questions, but some answers slipped out that she hoped wouldn't come back to bite her later.

"Coming." Audrey laughed, running across the street to help get Sarah up. "Sarah?" She asked, who opened her drunken eyes. "Hi! We're going to go to bed, okay?"

"Okay." She nodded. "Can I sleep with Topper?"

"You can stay in his room." Audrey nodded. "As long as your brother doesn't mind."

At the hotel, Audrey and Sarah got a room, Kelce and Nathan, and Topper and Rafe.

Audrey turned around and saw Kelce, Nathan, and Rafe all laughing and drinking more beers, Nathan was standing up on a bench and fell backwards into a bush, just like Sarah had.

"I don't think he'll care. Hey! Maybe he can stay with you! Then you can both get some." She began to gag.

"Shit." Topper said, pulling her hair from her face, and she fell to her knees, throwing up in the bushes.

"I think you'll regret saying that." Audrey laughed at Sarah.

"Regret saying what?" Rafe asked, shoving a hand into his pocket and sipping his beer.

"I was saying that," Sarah stuck out her tongue from the harsh taste of her vomit, "I'm going to stay with Topper, you can stay with Audrey and get some."

"Really?" Rafe asked, a smile creeping into his face and he put his tongue in his cheek, then looked over at Audrey with a curious stare. "As long as we're all on the same page."

Audrey took a deep breath, looking away from them all and over to Kelce and Nathan, they were a ways down the street, running and laughing.

"Come on, babe." Topper started to pull up Sarah.

"Audrey. Aud. You know what I've been thinking?" Sarah said, wiping the corners of her mouth.

"What's that?" Audrey smiled.

"You should get back with JJ." She groaned. "Y'all were cute."

"Thank you Sarah, but I don't think so. Now go to bed."

"I'm going." She said as she rolled over her heel. "Do you still love him?"

"Go to bed." Audrey laughed.

"Do you? JJ's great."

"JJ is great." Audrey agreed. "And I'll always love him."

"And wasn't the sex good? Wait. No. You should start dating mystery midsummer man."