*Chapter 20

A/N: content warning.

- - -

"What?" Rafe said disbelievingly.

"The girl." Barry enunciated. Rafe didn't reply, he was too shocked. Barry looked to the two guys behind him, sending them both some kind of signal, and all of a sudden they were approaching Audrey's car.

"No" Rafe said, beginning to walk towards the two guys but Barry grabbed him, holding up a knife to his neck and gripping both of his hands behind his back.

Audrey knew they guys were coming to get her, but she froze in place at first. No way was this actually happening. She threw her car into drive, but they were too close, she'd hit them no matter how hard she swerved. She switched to reverse, looking behind her to check for anything she might hit, but it was too late. Her door had been swung open and the seatbelt was somehow undone. She was being dragged down the street towards Barry.

"Shit, country club. She's a pretty one." Barry remarked as Audrey came closer, the two large men holding her elbows as tight as possible.

Audrey didn't take her eyes off of Rafe, who was also looking back. Audrey was so furious at him. She didn't think she would ever be in this situation. Rafe's face was mixed with shock and apologies, but Audrey couldn't care. She was so upset with him.

"She's yours?" Barry asked Rafe, who didn't respond. "Y'all together?" He directed this question towards Audrey, who also failed to respond. "Who am I kidding? Who would believe that your J-Crew lookin-ass got a girl like her?"

"What do you want, Barry?" Rafe said, the knife pressed so close to his skin, every word he spoke felt like it cut deeper.

"I want my money."

"I don't have your money." Rafe pleaded, Barry's knife pressing deeper and he looked back over to Audrey.

"That's where she comes in." He grinned. "Let me keep her and you're off the hook."

"No." Rafe replied in an instant.

"Then give me my money." Barry ordered, speaking through his teeth.

"Fuck you, Barry. I don't have it." Rafe yelled, the knife digging deeper in his neck, Audrey thought that she saw it draw blood.

Barry made a motion with his head, "Jax, take this one." and one of the guys holding Audrey released his grip, the other one taking both of her wrists behind her back.

The guy grabbed Rafe's wrists, taking Barry's place while he spoke to Audrey. "Miss Country Club." He slurred. She gave him a death stare as he took all of her hair in one hand, wrapping it around and pulling it backwards, her head tilted and she let out a gasp from surprise. "You like that?"

Audrey's eyes shifted over to Rafe, who was pulling against the restraints of the burly guy behind him, his jaw clenched while he watched what was happening.

Barry followed her gaze, seeing Rafe so upset at what was happening. "You don't like seeing that, country club?" His grip tightened around her hair and she gasped again from the sudden pain. "You like it rough, huh?"

Rafe's jaw twitched, his elbow jamming into the guy behind him, who hunched his body over with pain, but didn't release his grip.

"Axel, put her inside." Barry gestured with his head and Audrey started to get dragged.

"Barry, enough." Rafe yelled, "You've spotted me before just fucking do it again."

"No, I don't think so." Barry replied as Axel took her harshly inside.

"Stop, Barry." Rafe yelled.

Barry scanned Rafe for anything valuable he might have. "What you got on you?"