Shekhar-Sharmishtha court case: Part 18 (d)

After lunch break

Inside the court

Your honour I would like to call Inspector Banerjee to the witness box.

So, you were called to KVM hospital to take the statement of Swara. Am I correct?

Yes, they were not sure whether it was attempted murder, accident or suicide case.

When Swara woke up what did she say?

That someone called Ragini pushed her into the river.

Thank you Inspector Banerjee you can go now.

Your honour I would like to call Mrs Annapoorna Maheshwari to the witness box.

So can you please tell the court about the allegations and accusations that Ragini had put on Swara and Sanskaar? What was the reaction of Mr Shekhar Gadodia on it?

Your honour Ragini accused  Swasan of conspiring against her and are trying to separate her and Laksh. To prove this she put a camera in Swasan's room. When the video didn't show any conspiracy being planned she started accusing them again. Then she accused Swara of spoiling her Peheli Rasoi dish. Then she made Swara bad in everyone's eyes by showing her a liar. Then she accused Swasan of kidnapping her and Sanskaar of attempting to rape her. Also Sharmishtha ji was accused of attempting to kill Ragini. She was going to be arrested for it.

Everytime Shekhar ji believed Ragini without even listening to what Swara had to say.

Thank you Mrs Annapoorna ji. You can go now.

Your honour I will prove one by one that all her accusations were untrue.

First, the kidnapping. She was found in Sanskaar's car boot by Laksh and Mr Shekhar Gadodia. Thankfully I saw a CCTV camera installed where Sanskaar's car boot was facing that day. I asked the police to get the CCTV footage. This is the footage they got of that day.

Ragini herself got into Sanskaar's car boot and staged the whole drama. Everyone is shocked.

And your honour about Sanskaar attempting to rape her, see this footage.

(It's the same footage that Uttara recorded)

She tried to ruin a man's life by falsely accusing him of attempting to rape her.
Even after this Mr Shekhar Gadodia was defending her in front of Sanskaar when he accused her of being a part of his plan.

Lastly my client attempting to kill her.  I got my client immediately medically examined in the presence of Inspector Shinde and his team. This is the report which clearly states that she had the same drug in her body which used to be given to Swara. It means that someone told her to kill Ragini and she was repeating I will kill you again and again.

The drug was in the glass of water which had Ragini's fingerprints on it and the report of it is on your table your honour.

Now I would like to call Mr Arjun (another person living in Baadi) to the witness box.

Mr Arjun can you tell what you saw that night when my client was accused of attempting to kill Ragini?

I saw Ragini going to Bose house, Shobha ji opens the door. She looks very unhappy seeing Ragini there. Sharmishtha ji comes and let's Ragini in and Shobha ji leaves the house and goes to Manorama Ji's house to meet her. The door of the Bose house is open so I could clearly see what was happening inside the house as they were in the living area.

Sharmishtha ji had her back turned towards Ragini and I think Ragini was mixing something in the water and she made Sharmishtha ji drink the water from her hand and she drank it willingly. I don't think she suspected anything was suspicious.

What did Mr Shekhar Gadodia do?

He was with Mr Laksh Maheshwari in getting Sharmishtha ji arrested.

That's all, you can go now Mr Arjun. Thank you.

Your honour

You can clearly see that he differentiate between his own daughters and accused my client of differentiating between the both.

He never stood up for my client or his daughter Swara.

In fact he insulted them, accused them, humiliated them at every opportunity he got.

He never once thought why my client would try to kill Ragini? Or why Swara is behaving weirdly?

He has shown least concern to the Bose family members.

Therefore I request the court to grant the divorce to my client without the need to stay 6 months with Mr Shekhar Gadodia. He is not a good husband and not a good father.

The judge says hearing both the sides it can be clearly seen that Mr Shekhar Gadodia differentiates between Swara and Ragini and is not a good husband to Sharmishtha and a father to Swara. From the proofs presented it can be concluded that Swara is innocent. She didn't run away from her own wedding. Ragini's actions are questionable but due to lack of some solid evidence we cannot do a case against her of attempting to murder Swara. However, she would be arrested for falsely accusing Swasan of her kidnapping, falsely accusing Sanskaar of attempting to rape her, falsely accusing Sharmishtha ji of attempting to kill her, and providing false information to the police. She would be jailed for 2 years. As only circumstantial evidences are present against Ragini and a lots of unanswered questions in Swara's murder attempt case, we request the police to investigate the case further and try to find some solid proofs. Lastly I request the police to clear Sharmishtha ji name from their file as a criminal (as Ragini took the case back)

The court is dismissed.

Precap: Ragini in jail