Shekhar-Sharmishtha court case: Part 18 (b)

Now I would like to call Mr. Durgaprasad Maheshwari to the witness box your honour.

So Mr Durgaprasad ji why did you agreed for Swalak marriage? If am not mistaken you didn't agree for Sanskaar and Kavita 's marriage because she was a Bengali.

Durgaprasad ji says honestly Ragini convinced us and I finally agreed for my son and thought that Swara was perfect for Laksh. She could make him responsible.

Mr Durgaprasad ji it's not a wife's job to make her husband responsible. He should feel the need to be responsible himself.

Anyways what was your reaction about those weird things happening with Swara? He says that I trusted Swara and she said that something fishy was going on. Someone was trying to break the marriage according to Swara.

Did you believe that Swara ran away from her own wedding?

I didn't want to believe the video but she was actually missing from the venue. I wanted to search what's going on? But Laksh wanted to marry Ragini. I tried to warn him but he didn't listen.

I believe before the video came someone went to search for Swara. Am I correct?

Yes, Shekhar ji went to search for Swara.

Thank you Mr Durgaprasad ji. You can go now.

May I have Mr Shekhar Gadodia again in the witness box please.

At what time Swara left for mandir? Did she leave the house alone and went to mandir? How far the mandir was from the house?

Shekhar replies that Swara left at 9 am as baarat time was 12 pm. She left with Ragini but she had sent Ragini back saying that she will do the pooja alone. Mandir was 20 minutes walk from Baadi.

Who reminded about this pooja? Shekhar replies Ragini.

At what time did Ragini come back to Baadi?
10:20 am, Shekhar says.

Why so late? Because it would take 20 minutes to reach the mandir but she didn't do to mandir, so let's say it after 10 minutes walk Swara said to go back to Ragini. Then it would have only taken Ragini 10 minutes to come back. Meaning she should be back 9:20-9:25am but she arrived at 10:20am. What she was doing for such a long time?

If we think that she went till the mandir and from there Swara had sent her back then also 20+5+20 which equals to 45 minutes (5 minutes for convincing to go back). She should be back at Baadi at 9:45 am. Still that's a lot of time difference. What was Ragini doing?

Okay, when you went to search for Swara to the mandir what did Pandit ji say?

That Swara had finished the pooja and went to the bridge to pour the flowers in the river.

Did he check the bridge? Yes

You can go Mr Shekhar Gadodia.

Now I would like to call Pandit ji of that mandir who did pooja with Swara.

Swara came alone to the mandir? Yes, pandit ji replied.

For how long the pooja continued? The pooja went on for about 30 minutes. It finished at 9:50 am. I remember Swara had asked me the time. She had a lot of stuff so couldn't open her phone and see the time.

Then what happened? I became busy in my work and Swara went to pour the flowers in the river. I didn't see Swara after she went towards the bridge.

Point to be noted my lord pooja was 30 minutes long.

How much time does it take to reach the bridge from the mandir? 5 minutes replies pandit ji

The timing is perfect your honour, Ragini had full time to execute the murder of Swara Bose. I will tell you how she did this.

Ragini went to the mandir with Swara but she never entered the mandir and kept on waiting for Swara at the bridge. Swara came after the Pooja and took Swara's phone so that she can pour the flowers easily into the river. When Swara turned she pushed Swara into the river and threw away the thaal which Mr Shekhar Gadodia found. And went back home as if nothing happened. If we sum up the minutes it perfectly fit the timeline.

20 minutes to go to mandir
30 minutes for pooja
5 minutes Swara to reach the bridge from the mandir
5 minute talking to Swara and pushing her and throwing away the thaal
20 minutes to return to Baadi from the mandir

That's why she returned to Baadi at 10:20 am

Judge says do you have more proofs? Because based on this we cannot charge her of attempt to murder?

Your honour I will give you more proofs which will not only proof Swara's innocence and also raise questions on Ragini's actions and her.

Now I would like to call Dr Dhruv from the KVM hospital who treated Swara on the day of her marriage with Laksh.

You found some drugs in Swara's blood. Am I right? Yes

Can you please tell the court about that drugs? He replies your honour if this drug is given to a person then he/she loses the control over their own body, lose their senses. He/she would be like a puppet and would do whatever is said to them and they won't remember a thing when they come to their senses.

Point to be noted my lord, whatever Swara did was under the influence of drugs. She was not a drug addict but was being given by someone who was trying to break the marriage by spoiling her image.

And I would like to show the court a video of Swara which Mr Laksh Maheshwari received where Swara is saying that she is running away.

Mr Dhruv what does your expertise say seeing the video? Is Swara under the influence of the same drugs?

Yes, seeing her face and eyes it can be said that she is not in her senses.

Thank you Dr Dhruv. Your honour it means that Swara didn't run away from her own wedding. This video is fake. I will show the court a CCTV footage of KVM hospital with permission your honour.

Please proceed Swara says the judge.

The footage is played and everyone is shocked. The footage clearly shows that some fisherwoman brought Swara to the hospital. Swara was seriously injured. Dr. Dhruv treated her, Sanskaar taking her in his arms and walking out of the hospital.

See your honour this was why Swara was away from her wedding, she was at the hospital. She didn't run away from her own wedding.

Thank you Dr. Dhruv you can go now. Now I would like to call Mr Laksh Maheshwari to the witness box.

So Mr Laksh Maheshwari when did you receive the video and from whom did you receive it?

Laksh replies that he received the video on 1pm from Swara's phone.

Your honour as seen in the CCTV footage Swara was still in the hospital and there was no phone with her. She just had the clothes she wore as her belongings.

How can Swara send a video to Laksh? Why would she ruin her own image by saying she is running away?

Why my lord?

Precap: Shekhar-Sharmishtha court case continued.