Swara-Ragini Peheli Rasoi Ritual: Part 8

In the Kitchen

Ragini was preparing dishes for her peheli rasoi ritual.

Annapoorna, Sujata and Parineeta were seeing this from a far. There eyes went on Swara who was on the phone searching for dishes to cook and the procedure.

Swara decided to make brown rice with vegetables and Red Velvet cake.

She started preparing the dishes. Ragini was remembering her Dadi's words that Swara doesn't know how to cook. You will definitely win this. Ragini intentionally added too much salt in her dish so that she can blame Swara later and get the revenge for those slaps.

At Dining table

All the men, Annapoorna and Sujata were seated, waiting for food to come. Parineeta comes and said that something delicious is cooking there I can tell from the fragrance.

Sanskaar asked who Parineeta. She said Ragini. Both Swara and Ragini come with their dishes.

Swara brings the dishes on a trolley as she couldn't do it because of her injuries.

Swara's dishes

Ragini's dishes

Ragini's dishes

Daal baati churma

Daal baati churma

Mawa kachori

Ragini asked Swara to serve first as she is the elder daughter-in-law.

Swara said that she doesn't know much about cooking but has prepared Brown rice with vegetables which is very healthy and Red velvet cake as dessert. She started serving to Durgaprasad ji, then to Ram Prasad, Adarsh, Sanskaar, Annapoorna, Sujata, and lastly Laksh which was quite awkward for her.

Everyone were eager to try something new except Laksh and Sujata. Laksh was least interested and Sujata was making faces seeing the food.

Everyone started eating, Sanskaar gave her a look of approval that it's good as Swara was very nervous.

Everyone liked her dishes, got ₹1,00,000 from Durgaprasad, Ram Prasad, Adarsh and Annapoorna while Sujata just gave her ₹100. Sanskaar gifted her the bangles which his dadi have given to him for his wife and a jewellery set. Everyone was shocked seeing the khandani bangles and asked Sanskaar about it which he replied that dadi gave it to him for his wife.

Laksh gave nothing and Swara didn't go to him for the reward for her dishes. Swara was happy that everyone liked her food and was smiling.

Sujata taunted her and said that she has gathered a lot of money, get an admission in marwari cooking school and learn marwari cooking. It would be helpful for us.

Sanskaar was not happy. But Swara replied that my husband likes me the way I am and I would happily learn cooking not just marwari cooking for him. Because I want to do that for him. I won't change myself for others. I have been telling this again and again but seems like you are not willing to get this into your head. But don't worry I will keep reminding you till you get this. I am not going to repeat the same mistakes again.

Seeing an argument is about to happen, Annapoorna asks Ragini to serve her dishes. She says that it might not be healthy like Swara's dishes but she has prepared it with lots of love.

She served to everyone one except Sanskaar and Sujata as they both refused to eat anything prepared by her. Everyone starts coughing as there was too much salt. Annapoorna asks Ragini about it and she replies it never happens, my estimate is never wrong, maybe someone else did it to spoil my rasoi ritual. I don't want to accuse someone and start a fight. I will prepare another dish quickly. Very innocently she was saying all this while looking at Swara.

Annapoorna understood it and asked Swara directly whether she did it.

Swara immediately understood Ragini's game and replied no. I am not someone who does these cheap tricks. I can also accuse Ragini that she did it herself so that she can accuse me, not only get revenge for those slaps but also make me fall in your eyes.

Annapoorna says there were only two people in the kitchen you and Ragini. Swara says exactly it can be the work of Ragini as well. Just because someone looks innocent doesn't mean that he/she is actually innocent. Never judge a book by it's cover.

Sanskaar intervenes and says that he has full trust on Swara that she didn't do it and warns everyone not to accuse Swara like this.

Laksh says he has full trust on Ragini and he knows what kind of girl Swara is. Laksh Sanskaar shouts. Durgaprasad interrupts them and says we are getting late for office. He asks Annapoorna to solve this issue. Then, he, Ram Prasad and Adarsh leave for office as there would be Muh-dikhayi ceremony for both Swara and Ragini and Sanskaar and Laksh needs to be present.

Sujata keeps on saying that there would be no rasam for Swara as she didn't want everyone to know that she got a Bengali daughter-in-law.

Swara says that there won't be any rasam for me mom. Sujata looks happy and hopeful then suddenly Swara laughs loudly and says that I am done doing things for others happiness who don't give a damn about me. The ceremony will happen and you would be a part of this whether you want to or not.

Saying this Swara goes to her room and Sanskaar follows her.

Annapoorna asks Sujata not to take tension. It would be fine.

Annapoorna gives Ragini a marwari lehenga for the ceremony and asks Parineeta to help Ragini.

Annapoorna goes to Swasan room.

Swasan room

Swara was in deep thought. Sanskaar shakes her from it and asks what she is thinking? I did right by answering back, right?

Of course Swara, says Sanskaar. If I was in your place I would have done the same thing.

Annapoorna knocks and comes in. She warns Swara not to make a scene as it happened today. Sanskaar says Badi ma. Annapoorna shows her hand to Sanskaar, conveying not to come in between.

Swara says she will be in her limits if Ragini and her family stays in their limits. If they say something bad about me, my family then they will see the worst of me.

I think you might have to warn them as well about creating a scene. Paravti Gadodia's job is to create drama, scenes and humiliate others to make herself feel better than the rest.

Annapoorna nods and asks her and Sanskaar to get ready and be on time and goes from there for the preparations.

Precap: Swara-Ragini Muh-dikhayi ceremony