No...

But she couldn't stop herself from finishing the thought.

Am I falling for him?

She was looking at him with a kind of dazed look in her eyes, as if she was seeing him for the first time or looking right through him or something. Flack couldn't be sure. He took hold of the silver-grey tie still knotted loosely around her neck and tickled the end of her nose with it. She blinked and gave him a shaky smile.

'There she is. Thought I was gonna have to check for a pulse,' he joked. 'You okay?'

She gave her head a little nod. 'I'm good,' she said, aware of how quiet her voice sounded. He ran his hand over her hair, smoothing it back from her face and Olivia had to fight not to press her cheek into his palm.

'Tired?'

'A little,' she admitted.

'Close your eyes. Don't worry, I won't let you sleep late. I'll wake you bright and early in the morning.'

Sleeping late had crossed her mind as she was on the early shift tomorrow. She liked how he knew that. 'I've never known anyone like you,' she said honestly.

'I can believe that,' he said winking at her and she couldn't stop the bubble of laughter that escaped her.

'Your modesty prevails you, Detective. But I was being serious.'

His face changed, softened more. 'Is that right?'

'It is.'

'What'd I do to deserve that?' If he sounded surprised, it was because he was. She didn't do serious. Period.

'I'm still figuring it out,' she mused, thinking about everything that had happened, everything - all those mixed up emotions - she had been feeling of late.

Her eyes took on that faraway look again and he was curious about the depth of what she had just revealed. He wanted to ask, but was afraid of her guard coming up if he delved too deep. And he didn't want anything to spoil this feeling. 'Will you let me in on it when you do?' he said, unable to mask the hopeful note in his voice. She turned her eyes back to his and when she smiled Flack actually felt his heart soar.

'It could take some time.'

'I got time. You know that,' he murmured, winding a lock of her hair around his finger.

She didn't want to think about it anymore. Olivia moved closer into him, turned her face into his neck and pressed a kiss there. Her warm breath tickling his skin. She began rubbing her foot up and down his leg, while her fingers traced circles over his chest. 'Ready to go again?' she breathed, swiping her tongue against the lobe of his ear.

Lust, hot and powerful, slammed into Flack's chest. His groin. Everywhere. He wondered if there would come a time when he wouldn't feel this way about her. He wondered why no other woman in thirty-two years had ever made him feel like this. 'I thought we were talking?' he said as he lowered his mouth to her shoulder, kissing it.

'Not anymore.' She took hold of his head and reached up to kiss him. Warm and wet, she swept through his mouth and everything inside of Flack skittered, hot and cold at the same time. He loved the feelings as they clashed and erupted in goosebumps across his skin. A fiery need sparked and began to work its way through his blood. She tried to hook her leg over his to climb on top, but he shifted and pinned her against the mattress, kissing her so hard and deep that it had her moaning into his mouth.

He felt as if his chest were on fire. God, he was crazy about this woman. Head-over-heels crazy. Once-in-a-lifetime-never-to-be-repeated crazy. Easing back he gazed down into her wide green eyes, at her perfectly shaped mouth glistening wet from his kiss and her red curls spread out over his pillow. And he felt it. He wanted to see those curls on his pillow for the rest of his days.