What happened next shocked me to the core. He rejected her, and as soon as she walked away, he looked at me. In that instant, my wolf screamed "mate" in my head, and before I knew it, I was in his arms, his canines sinking deep into my neck. The whispers of my packmates echoed in my ears.

"She is the alpha's second mate!"

And just like that, I became the second choice even for my mate, the one I had placed so many expectations upon.

" Amelia! " I snapped back to reality as his right-hand man called my name. I quickly regained my composure and stood up, but a sudden wave of dizziness hit me, causing me to stagger backward. Just as I was about to lose my balance, his gloved arms swiftly wrapped around my waist, providing a steady support. I took a sharp breath, trying to steady myself, and held onto his arm.

"When was the last time you had a meal, woman?" he asked in his cold, commanding voice, brushing my curls away from my face, only for them to spring back in place. I shook my head, trying to clear my mind, and licked my lips before looking up at him, aware of his piercing gaze.

"None of your business. Let's go meet the king," I replied, determined to regain my independence. I stepped away from his protective embrace, although a part of me couldn't help but miss the warmth and security of his arms that had enveloped me just moments before.

"Fine," he casually shrugged, as if my response didn't faze him. The doors to his office swung open, revealing a grand corridor that led to the throne room. We began walking, side by side, heading towards our destination. The tension between us was palpable, and his eyes attentively followed my every move, as if analyzing my every thought.

As we reached the throne room, the right-hand man signaled the demon guard to stop his actions who was about to open the door, he towered over me blocking the guards from my view.

" The king is pissed so be careful of your words! " He said looking deep into my eyes as his pierced gaze from the mask gave a tingle feeling in my core, while I nodded as he stepped back before letting the guard to open the door while we walked inside. 

The throne room was filled with black smoke as if it was explaining how worse the king's mood is, lowering my head I walked in the room until I stood near the only light which was illuminating. 

" Greetings my king, the rogues you've sent didn't made it! " I said softly to not trigger him.

" I know, what's your plan? " He asked me casually as he wasn't in a sour mood.

" I am planning to expose her! " I said confidently, while he hummed in response as if he was expecting this. 

" Then why did you come here? " He asked me casually.

" I want the herbs which reveals her sprits. " I said hoping him to agree.

" Whatever you plan is, it doesn't matter if it's a flop plan or successful plan, make sure you don't hurt Amaris, if anything goes wrong I will myself deal with you. Scram! " 

~ Amaris Laurier Pov ~

" Finally! But I am hungry!" Spade exclaimed, collapsing beside me and resting his head on my shoulder. I leaned back on the couch and sighed, responding, 

"Yes, even me. We made the best food in the afternoon, but too bad we didn't get to have it!" Just then, Samuel called out,

 "Food is ready, come!" Spade and I snapped our attention towards him, our hunger piqued.

"How did you manage to make it? We were in a meeting until now!" Spade inquired, getting up and walking over to Samuel. Meanwhile, I settled back on the couch, closing my eyes and letting out a tired groan.

"I ordered an Omega to store the food in the fridge that we made in the afternoon!" Samuel declared, as I heard the sounds of the microwave and clinking plates in the background.

"You're the best, mate!" I exclaimed loudly, and I could hear Samuel chuckling, followed by Spade. I yawned, feeling slightly uncomfortable in my suit as I relaxed on the couch.

"Get up, baby. Here's your food!" Samuel said, bringing the plate over to me. I sat up and took it from him, while he and Spade settled in front of me with glasses of wine.

"Do you want some?" Samuel offered, and I shook my head, too focused on my meal.

"Today everything went according to plan. The invitations are done, and we have to stay here for two more days before we go," I stated between bites, as they both nodded in agreement.

"Rose's delivery is taking longer than expected. I just hope there's no problem with the baby or her!" I sighed; my worry evident.

"Yeah, don't know what happened suddenly. We were expecting a child in a week, but it's been two weeks now," Samuel said, taking a sip of his wine.

"There's nothing to be worried about. Maybe she's carrying three pups or something like that, so her pregnancy is taking longer," Spade reassured us, his tone optimistic.

"I will kill Chase once I meet him!" Samuel declared, causing both Spade and me to burst into laughter.