45

~ Amaris Laurier Pov ~

I huffed as I retreated my black wings in back. I closed the window behind me and took deep breathes to stop my panting session. What an adventurous day! I took the water bottle and drank it until my thirst calm down. I saw Angelina who was giving me the accused eyes. I raised my eyebrows for which she did the same. I folded my arms on my chest while she copied me.

" You didn't take me with you! " She said with a pout.

" Yes, because I was helping Dante Uncle."

" But you said we will go our home! " She said in a low voice.

" We will, but not now Bubba. " I said to her gently while going towards her.

" But I miss everyone there! " She said as her eyes became glossy.

" Bubba, we will go but don't you want to play with Spade and with all your new friends? " I coaxed her while pointing at her new toys.

" But Blue is enough for me, and I have many friends in home! I don't want to be here. " She said while coming into my arms.

" Then what about Spade? " I asked her as I welcomed her in my arms. She hesitated for a moment before saying,

" He will come with us. " She said as she clung on me while placing her head on my shoulder. I stood up carrying her as I walked around the room while swaying her.

She is sleepy, that's why she is clung to me.

" But this is his home, why will he come with you to our home! " I asked while I heard a cute yawn from her.

" Because he will miss me! " I heard her sleepy voice.

" Why will he miss you? "

" Because I am his! "

" What? " I asked her shocked. I didn't hear any response after that. I assumed that she was sleeping and stopped the matter there. Many questions remain unanswered. And I don't know when I started humming.

I hummed the song which I usually do as I cradled Angelina in my arms. I patted her back gently as I swayed her in my arms while walking around the room. Her head was resting on my shoulder as she hid her face in the curve of my neck.

The lights were dimmed in this room, as I heard soft snores of Angelina as she occasionally mumbled something in the sleep. I frowned when I heard the sounds of boots which were getting louder as the second passed by.