134

~ Amaris Laurier Pov ~

"Samuel, move over there. It's not our pack!"  I exclaimed, my knife slicing through the vegetables. Samuel, however, lazily draped his body onto mine, paying no heed to my words.

"I don't care," he mumbled, snuggling into my neck and giving me a quick peck before settling on my shoulder.

"Spade, have all the invitations been delivered to every pack?" I inquired, stirring the vegetables sizzling in the pan.

"Yes, Amaris. The Senior Alpha and Luna personally visited every neighboring pack to extend the invitations. Additionally, our witches have assisted in sending invitations to foreign packs," Spade replied, engrossed in his phone.

"What about the preparations in our temple?" Samuel interjected, grabbing a knife and deftly slicing the beef into pieces.

"Our pack has already arrived at the temple. They're setting up tents for every guest who arrives early, including us. Everything is going smoothly; it's just us who are running late." He snatched a slice of carrot from the cutting board and popped it into his mouth.

"Just three days more, and we'll finally get out of here!" I exclaimed, wiping the sweat off my forehead with Samuel's shirt. I couldn't help but flash him an innocent smile when he glared at me.

"Step 1 is complete," Spade continued, nodding to himself as he chewed on the carrot. 

"We've invited her parents, and now we have to go to the pack alpha and the elders of the pack."

"After we finish lunch, let's go see them so that we can complete some other rituals tomorrow and the day after," suggested Samuel, his tone determined. I hummed in response, fully aware of the importance of these upcoming tasks.

As Spade gathered the plates and water bottles, arranging them near the table where we sat, Samuel checked on the rice, ensuring it was cooked to perfection. Meanwhile, I focused on preparing the curry, the aroma filling the air around us.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps rushing toward us caught our attention. We froze in our movements, instincts kicking in. Without a second thought, Samuel instinctively stepped in front of me, hiding me behind his protective stance, holding a knife firmly in his hand. Spade, equally alert, swiftly unsheathed his daggers, ready for whatever danger may come our way. In the midst of the tension, I sniffed the air, desperately trying to catch a familiar scent that could reveal the identity of our unexpected visitors.

In an instant, the beta of the pack, accompanied by a group of soldiers, emerged with a sense of urgency. The beta approached us, his expression displaying a mixture of concern and determination.