44

~ Samuel Zane Carson Pov ~

I squinted my eyes together as I saw some moments going on in the black smoke. A hand was moving softly, and I was about to ignore it and was about to ask the witch to deal with the demon but then my eyes met with the ground, the demon who was on the ground was nowhere in sight. After this demon entered the scene, my prey was not in my sight, and I know that this demon is the reason behind that.

" Give me back my prey, demon! " I said sternly as I looked at its eyes.

" Why will I? I already gave you the time to release my people, yet you didn't release them, and on top of that you were about to kill my subject. " The deep voice boomed everywhere in the pack as Kings and the witch with the guards stood around me as they were ready to shift in their animals.

" Why are you helping the rogues? Werewolves and demons never had a best relation between them! " The witch beside me asked with a creepy smile on her face as she took a step forward while twirling her hair gently.

" They are my people, who are under my wing. So, I will protect them, no matter what! "

" And this is my job to kick you out of this pack! " The witch said creepily as she flew in the air, which surrounded her in a green smoke as she stood in the air.

Except the eyes of the demon, I couldn't see any futures of her.

The demon and the witch circled each other, their power crackling in the air around them. The witch lashed out first, her spell was about to hit the demon, but it went through her body and the witch power was hit on the tree as the birds on it flew flying around the air. Then the demon attacked the witch as she was blown backwards, crashing into a tree.

The demon stalked forward, her eyes glowing with power. The witch tried to get to her feet, but the demon was upon her in an instant. She grabbed the witch by the throat and lifted her into the air.

"You should have stayed in the shadows where you belong," the demon snarled.

"Now you will pay the ultimate price."

The witch tried to struggle, but the demon's grip was like iron. She slowly began to crush the dark witch's throat. The dark witch's eyes widened in pain and terror, she was thrashing in the demon's grip and then she went limp.

The demon closed her eyes and did something, but we couldn't see it as the black smoke covered them. The demon released her grip on her neck and the witch's body fell to the ground with a thud. She was dead.

The demon has won.

" So, this is the mighty powerful witch you are talking about! " I said sarcastically to Spade who rubbed his neck with a sheepish smile on his face.

" How could I know Alpha! I send the letter to the witch council to send me a witch who is mighty and powerful among them, but they send this witch who is dead right now! " He said with an awkward smile.

" Alpha Samuel! "

We were out of our bickering conversation when the dark voice said out!

" Leave my people, as soon as possible! I will never harm your pack and we will never cross your path! The decision is yours, but one thing is for sure I will take my people away from you, it doesn't matter if you handle them or not! "

And that was the last sentence I heard before the black smoke was gone just like a puff and the witch body was started to become tiny green pieces of dust and flew away in the air.

" Let's go back! " I said as I turned back and decided to go the pack mansion. I could hear the sighs which were coming from my pack, but I don't have any explanation to give them.

I walked towards the pack mansion slowly taking my time as the air hit me softly making me sigh.

What should I do now?

For the sake of my revenge, shall I place my pack in the danger!

Should I forget my mother's death just like that?

Shouldn't I avenge for my mother?

I sighed as I looked in the sky which was decorated with the stars and the moon.

Help me mom, I am lost!

The guards bowed me as I came in the pack mansion. I walked towards our room as I heard the faint sounds of snoring's. My boot sounds echoed while I walked with a blank face. As I opened the door, I couldn't see her.

" Amaris? " I called out with a frown on my face as I became alert.

" Amaris? " I shouted again as I stepped in the room and walked towards the balcony. I opened the balcony door; and I couldn't see her!

Did she escape?

" Spade! " I called out Spade in the mind link.

" Yes Alpha. "

" Find Amaris, I couldn't see her in the room! " I said out while my face hardened as I greeted my teeth in pure annoyance and range. I checked in the closet and bathroom but couldn't find her.

I growled out and took a vase near me and threw it on the floor and it shattered around the ground. I took deep breathes to calm my nerves. And then I smelled her scent. I sniffed again to confirm whether it's or hers or someone else.

I sniffed in the air as I inhaled her scent, I followed the scent in a hurry and found her scent getting stronger as I walked towards Spade room. I frowned and started to walk there slowly.

I opened the door...