84

Amaris Laurier Pov: -

" What do you mean? " I asked, trying to pull away from his grip on my waist. He tightened his hold, causing me to wince in pain.

" Your scent, it's mixed with another man's, " he growled, his dark eyes boring into mine. I could feel my heart racing with fear.

" I-I don't know what you're talking about, " I stammered, desperately trying to break free from Samuel's grasp. He was gripping my arm tightly, his anger and suspicion clear in his eyes.

" Tell me the truth, Amaris! " He demanded, his voice rising in anger. I felt tears prick at the corners of my eyes as I struggled to come up with a response.

" You are just exaggerating, before I came into our room, I hugged a female who was crying because of the absence of her mate. There is nothing in that, " I said calmly while looking into his eyes. I could see the anger and frustration in his expression.

" Amaris, I really hate liars! " He said through gritted teeth.

" And I am not the liar! Stop being a control freak! " I yelled out, losing my calm. My words seemed to push him over the edge, as he suddenly tightened his grip on my arm and slammed me against the wall. I let out a sharp gasp as the breath was knocked out of me.

At that moment, my vampire spirit, Ruby, and my wolf spirit, Snow, decided to take my side instead of aligning with their mates. We all growled at Samuel, but immediately regretted it.

" Don't you fucking growl at me! " He snarled; his eyes dark with anger. I could feel my own anger rising, as I glared back at him. I knew I had done nothing wrong, and I wouldn't stand for him treating me like this.

" Let go of me! " I hissed, trying to break free from Samuel's grip. He tightened his hold on my throat, making it difficult for me to breathe. I could feel tears starting to run down my cheeks as I struggled to get free.

" Samuel, I am telling the truth. Why don't you trust me? " I pleaded with him as I clawed and pushed at his hand, trying to release the pressure on my throat.

His intense gaze was fixed on me as I struggled to break free, desperately trying to inhale air as my eyes rolled back. Suddenly, a knock on the door was heard, followed by the voice of Spade. Samuel loosened his grip, and I slid down the wall, coughing and gasping for breath.

" This is not over yet, " Samuel growled as he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him. " As soon as we come back, you need to answer for this. And if you don't, I swear to God, I will smash your head instead of your throat. " He stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

" What's gotten into him? " Ruby asked, confused by Samuel's sudden outburst.

" I don't know, but his behavior lately is scaring me, " Crystal said, her voice trembling with fear.

" And on top of that, Angelina is not doing well. Can we please just go back home? "

Crystal's gentle nature made her dream of finding a mate who would treat her kindly, but unfortunately, she ended up with a control freak. She didn't want to be under someone's control, but as per her so-called rules, she would naturally submit to her mate. But seeing her plead to escape from this situation made me want to obey her.

" We will Crystal, but the herbs which we need to treat Angelina is here in the pack hospital, we will get it before we escape and let's not forget about our people. " I said with a tired sigh. I gave a signal to Angel and phoebe as they both dressed up and tend my wounds.

" Let's get over this shit! " Bella said blankly as I walked out of the room.

I opened the door, cracking my neck as I descended the stairs, making my way to the party. Rosy was seated, looking tired. As I turned, I saw Samuel, who was looking at me with such intensity that I couldn't bear it. I shifted uncomfortably under his gaze as I walked towards Rosy.

" Tired? " I asked Rosy, who nodded while yawning.

" Ate something? " I asked, carefully helping her to stand up.

" Yeah, Zane forced the food down my throat, and I feel like puking out! " She said, with a disgusted expression on her face as I laughed at her.

" It's bad to back bitch behind my back! " I heard Zane's stern voice, but I didn't turn, already knowing who it was.

" I will do it my whole life, what are you going to do about it? " Rosy challenged him, but another yawn escaped her mouth.

" You can do that afterwards, but first go and have some rest! " Zane said, flicking his finger and a maid appeared out of nowhere.

He mind linked her, causing me to raise an eyebrow. I couldn't help but wonder why he would mind link her instead of just speaking to her. But I decided not to judge and shrugged it off. I left Zane and the maid and started to walk with Rosy, but a hand pulled me back, and I slammed right into his hard chest.

" Where do you think you are going? "