124

Samuel Zane Carson Pov: -

I gently stroked her head as her fingers fidgeted nervously with the fabric of my shirt. I could sense that something was bothering her deeply, although I didn't know exactly what it was. Her attention was clearly elsewhere as she absently played with her lip and teeth, her brow furrowed in a pensive expression.

" Sleep, Sugar, " I ordered, my voice firm and commanding.

I watched as she hummed absentmindedly in response, still lost in her thoughts. I knew that she needed to relax and let go of whatever was troubling her. And so, I reached under her shirt, my hands trailing on her smooth skin, and I gently urged her to reveal herself.

" Hmm, " she hummed again, but her mind seemed to be elsewhere still.

I could see that she was struggling to let go of her thoughts and surrender to the moment. And so, I took matters into my own hands, forcefully closing her eyelids with my fingers. At first, she scrunched her nose, as if annoyed by my actions. But soon, her body relaxed, and she began to breathe more deeply and evenly.

I watched her closely, studying the rise and fall of her chest, the way her body moved with each breath. And as I did, I felt a sense of satisfaction, knowing that I had brought her under my control once again. But as I gazed down at her, my expression suddenly shifted.

A dark smirk spread across my face as I realized I was going to have some fun. But before I could indulge in my darker impulses, I took a moment to appreciate her delicate features. With a gentle smile, I caressed her face, taking in every curve and contour.

I leaned down and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, where the frown always sat, as if claiming my rightful place there. Then, I kissed her cute button nose, which always scrunched up in annoyance or disgust. My eyes traveled to her chubby cheeks, which had always been a weakness of mine. They turned red so easily and seduced me in ways she couldn't even imagine. Without thinking, I leaned down and licked her cheek before biting down gently, eliciting a small moan from her. But then, I remembered the fun I had planned and sighed, wiping her cheeks before leaning my forehead against hers.

" You're a distraction, my love, " I said, rubbing my nose against hers with a gentle smile.

After a moment, I stood up and gave her a hug before reluctantly walking away. But before I left, I placed a pillow beside her, knowing that she would be searching for me instead of the pillow. As expected, she scrunched up her nose while petting the pillow, trying to find me. I dashed towards her, petting her one last time before she released her scrunched-up nose and breathed out evenly. I watched her bring the pillow closer to her and knew I had to leave before I gave in to my possessive urges once again.

" Goodnight, my love, " I whispered before turning and leaving the room.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw Spade standing with a bored expression on his face. I chuckled before closing the door behind me softly. He turned towards me with an excited grin, which I was used to seeing whenever we were about to have some fun moments. I was about to ask him a question, but before that, he already answered as if he knew the question.

" She is in the basement, let's go. You took almost an hour! " He accused me while rolling his eyes, but the grin maintained on his face.

As we made our way to the basement, I could hear Meera's muffled cries coming from behind the door. When we entered the room, I saw her sitting on a chair, looking disheveled and sweaty with a piece of cloth gagging her mouth. Her arms and legs were bound tightly with ropes, and she struggled to break free.

As she lifted her head, her eyes widened seeing us in front of her. A wave of relief washed over her, and we smirked. Spade went to her and removed the gag from her mouth as she huffed and looked at us.

" Sam, I guess your men forgot who I am? The one behind Spade was the one who knocked me out and brought me to this basement. Punish him, Sam! How dare he bring me here! " She roared, spitting fire with her eyes towards the guard.

" Well, Princess, he wasn't mistaken. He brought the correct person! " Spade and I sneered, looking into her face. She looked like she had seen a ghost, but worse was yet to come.

" Well Meera, you know last time when a maid accidentally dropped some drops of poison in my mate's food without her knowing, I tortured her brutally until she begged me to release her from the pain. So, with a generous heart, I gave her salvation by killing her with the same poison she planned to use on my mate, " I said dramatically.

" And since then, I've kept cameras in the kitchen to watch what they are doing, and before my mate's plate is sent to her room, someone tastes the food that's served for her, " I continued, making her eyes widen as she panicked and tried to break free from the ropes, wincing as the harsh rope cut her skin.

" You asked me what you did right? You did so many things, but I was lenient to you just because of Damon. But now, you have crossed every limit of yours, and I am going to punish you by telling every mistake you made since you stepped inside my pack! Let's start now, shall we? " I said before taking the scissors.

" I thought I was doing it! " Spade pouted before slumping in the chair.

" Well, you are a guest, so enjoy buddy! " I said before turning away from him.

" The first mistake you made was, " I said while sprinkling the same powder the witches gave me on the scissors before turning towards her. She was thrashing widely, yelling for Spade to stop me.

" Switching your goddamn soul with my best friend, Meera! "